2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

"Can Trucks Survive?"

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 11:20 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Heh, who knows. Man, I need a raise...

That is an interesting new color; and is available on the Plat (seen a pic somewhere).

Speaking of colors, I wonder why, exactly, the White Platinum and Razor Red colors are more expensive. I've heard a few thoughts on it, but never anything concrete to back them up. I got the tri-coat White Sand on my Plat, and thought perhaps the 3-coat process would stand up better to the elements, but I still have a few random little chips down low on the front bumper, and on the front edges of the rear bumper that wrap around to the side. Just typical daily driver/use type stuff, the usual. The White Sand tri-coat didn't seem to hold up any better than my past F-150's paint jobs. So I don't quite understand why those 2 colors are more expensive. They certainly don't appear any shinier or anything than any of the other colors I've seen.

Old 10-20-2010, 06:45 AM
Hey guys, How can you guys afford these trucks? I will be lucky to have just one new truck in my lifetime. Let alone buying the new ones every few years. How do you do it? Whats your secret? lol.

Old 10-20-2010, 10:57 AM
Of course trucks will survive. I don't think as they are now but there will always be need for a truck be it full size or smaller. I honestly see the possibility that all full size half ton trucks will become smaller with the option of a V8 in the upper trims. Trucks will never go away though, even in foreign countries with 8.00/gal gas they have trucks they just find compromises.
I honestly wouldn't complain too much if they downsized them a bit, inproved fuel mileage, lowered the price and retianed most of the functionality they have now.

Last edited by 50Ford500; 10-20-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 10-20-2010, 07:38 PM
I think the problem is this.. Fords remaking the whole truck, but as far as looks they look similar, where as the 97-03's were drastically changed in the looks dept when the 2004's came out. So really it is a whole new truck, but doesn't look a whole lot different.
I had an 05, now have 10, heres the differences i notice just by looking at it.
totally new interior including
dash, seats, radio, floor, door panels, lights, speakers, switches, cup holders and more
new frame
new transmission
new wheels
new trim
new style changes around wheel wells
new front grill
new front hood
new front and rear bumpers
new headlights
new taillights
new tail gate
new Front suspension, aluminum arms gone, now steel
new exhaust systems
new manifold designs
now have traction control
now have stability control
new gas tanks size
new gas tank filler (cap less)
mirrors new
these are just things i can think of, i know theres more actual changes.

So to some it up, its really a new truck from the ground up, just didnt get the different of an exterior look
same can be said for the super duty, kinda looks the same as before, but its totally new.
The new edge looks pretty much the same but its totally new
and so on..

Old 10-20-2010, 10:47 PM
good lord...after all these new government regulations the new models should be 90 percent plastic with an electric engine

i wanna get a 2011 for sure

Quick Reply: "Can Trucks Survive?"