2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How soon can I refinance Ford Motor Credit loan?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 03:51 PM
glc
Received 759 Likes on 703 Posts
You need to do the math to see what your total cost is going to be on all those options. I have a sneaking suspicion that the 0% deal would be the least costly over the life of the loan.

If you are committed to the 4.9% deal and want to make the first 2 payments, you need to find out how much is going to principal and how much to interest. This could make it look even worse.

If you could post the amount you are financing, I can do a compare for you.

Last edited by glc; 08-27-2012 at 03:57 PM.
Old 08-27-2012, 06:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ yeah, I ran those numbers also. I made out taking the extra $1,000 FMC high rate loan and then payed her off 2 days later before any interest. Saved about $3,200 in interest and seeing how banks aren't offering crap for interest on savings accounts the dent in savings is next to nothing in lost interest. I just have to be diligent and pretend I have a car note and replenish the savings account every month.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:06 AM
I just bought a 2012 FX4, and got a very interesting response from the finance manager in regards to this. This was his comment:

"Ford is not dumb, they know almost everyone is going to refinance after they walk out the door with the rebate. Ford knows their interest rate is beaten easily. Honestly it doesn't matter to us how long you wait before you refinance, you can do it tomorrow if you like. BUT, if you keep the loan for at least 3 months, then you get put on Ford's "good" customer list, and you will receive random rebates for vehicles from $500-$1000, in addition to the other incentives that's offered to the public."

Is this true? I will consider waiting because the difference in interest payments for the 3 months is only $50 or so.

Old 09-07-2012, 06:55 PM
^ ehh, I'm calling BS. Ford is always mailing these things out. I'm pretty sure they aren't going to take the time and compile a "naughty" list. It would waste resources and people's time when they can be productive elsewhere. Plus, why would you discourage a buyer of your product. I'm pretty sure they want our repeat business and mail everybody a rebate offer.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:09 PM
I refinanced mine within a few days at 1.9%, but I could have got 1.49% if I had looked a little more.

Old 05-11-2014, 10:28 AM
Thanks everyone for info. I just weathered a bad experience with a deceitful dealership. Over the phone and through email I negotiated a price and stipulated that I would purchase the vehicle provided that I was given the low interest rate of 1.9%. It was on a model with options I couldn't find locally so I was corresponding with a sales rep at a dealership several hours away. The deal included $4,500 in rebates. With the deal settled, I made the trip and was blasted with a bait and switch whirlwind. I was told that at the low interest rate I would lose $3,500 in rebates. Then I was offered an even lower interest rate of 1.5% but I would lose $1,000 rebate. Only if I financed at 3.9% could I get all $4,500 of rebates. I just about walked out but I eventually capitulated to the 3.9% rate figuring that I would refinance. Then I was told about the 3 payments I was required to make before I refinanced. I don't see anywhere written in the contract where I need to do do this. Tomorrow I'm shopping for a loan - fooey on their 3 month requirement.

The omission by the sales rep failing to tell me of the required 3.9% rate to get the agreed upon sale price is misrepresentation.

I firmly urge anyone who is negotiating a deal over a distance to get your deal in writing before arriving to do the deal.

Last edited by icamp; 05-11-2014 at 10:30 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:44 AM
Lies. If you signed and they signed on a price and you now own the truck. refinance today. Highest recommendation for Penn fed BTW. They should be on bank rate.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:48 PM
Educational Employees CU - 1.9%

Old 05-12-2014, 11:52 AM
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by jlwill
I don't see anything in the contract. Salesman made it sound like they might be penalized if I refinanced early than 3 payments.

The salesman probably doesn't get a kick back from the finance company if you refi before making three payments. So he LIED to you! That's what salesmen do!

Quick Reply: How soon can I refinance Ford Motor Credit loan?