2009 - 2014 F-150

Headlights again

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2010, 08:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Headlights again

I know this has been asked a # of times but I have trouble seeing at night with this 2010 f150. I put Euro Dezigns 8500k HIB ( so they say)in by truck. They are nice and white (have them on my civic and can see great) But on this Ford they just don't project fat enough ahead. Any suggestions as to what will light the road up for me.

Old 01-25-2010, 09:21 PM
Take out the HIDs because they look like garbage and blind people.

Get your eyes checked?

The stock lights are about the best you can do without doing any extreme mods to the headlights themselves such as http://store.theretrofitsource.com/

Old 01-25-2010, 09:26 PM
Great reply thanks a lot!!!!!

Old 01-25-2010, 10:41 PM
Well he's pretty much right. Those bulbs I'm sure seem brighter/whiter/bluer but I doubt they provide any measure of improvement over the stock bulbs. You can have proper HID retrofits but they are obscenely expensive IMO. You said "I know this has been asked a # of times" so then you must already know the plethora of answers that have been provided.

Old 01-25-2010, 11:11 PM
I had the same issue with the stock headlights on my Super Duty. They never seemed bright enough. The small Warn lights that are mounted in my bumper are five times brighter than my headlights and really made driving at night a lot better.

Old 01-26-2010, 07:50 AM
APT
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Facts: How a vehicle looks with whatever color lights is subjective. The color temperature has nothing to do with the quantity of light output (measured in lumens) or the beam pattern. The performance of different color spectrum lights varies by driving conditions. Higher color temperature does not mean better performance in every driving environment. Most bulbs on the market have lower light output and/or bulb life (measured in on time hours) than stock bulbs.

Opinion: Anyone interested in replacing any headlight or headlamp in their vehicles with something other than the standard halogen replacement bulb should research the key aspects of replacements including bulb life and light output in order to judge if the higher cost and higher color temp are a good value to him.

Good place to start.

Old 01-26-2010, 11:29 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by APT
Facts: How a vehicle looks with whatever color lights is subjective. The color temperature has nothing to do with the quantity of light output (measured in lumens) or the beam pattern. The performance of different color spectrum lights varies by driving conditions. Higher color temperature does not mean better performance in every driving environment. Most bulbs on the market have lower light output and/or bulb life (measured in on time hours) than stock bulbs.

Opinion: Anyone interested in replacing any headlight or headlamp in their vehicles with something other than the standard halogen replacement bulb should research the key aspects of replacements including bulb life and light output in order to judge if the higher cost and higher color temp are a good value to him.

Good place to start.
Absolutely agree!

Trending Topics

Old 01-26-2010, 12:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It is becuase of the reflector design of the headlight assy. I too wish it was better. I too did the Philips X-tremes and while nice bulb, they still are limited by reflector design of the headlight assy. Thanks

Old 01-26-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by rake1
I know this has been asked a # of times but I have trouble seeing at night with this 2010 f150. I put Euro Dezigns 8500k HIB ( so they say)in by truck. They are nice and white (have them on my civic and can see great) But on this Ford they just don't project fat enough ahead. Any suggestions as to what will light the road up for me.
Try Mike at legallights@gmail.com

I got a set of 6000K HID's from him for $140 and in my opinion have greatly improved my visibility. I dont care what HID non believers have to say I have noticed a BIG improvement. Stay with 6000K any higher will just start to loose output over the 6000k's and just start to change the color to blue. There are some HID kits out there that are junk and will just produce a crappy light and annoy other drivers but this kit is high quality and will not bleed light around the bulb and annoy drivers. It is also Bi-Xenon which will keep your high beam not like cheap kits which loose the high beam. This kit also comes with a lifetime warranty so how can you beat it!!

Quick Reply: Headlights again