Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 11:47 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ksks
Guess I never paid attn.

Why is it slanted? Just for looks?
Several reasons.

If you have a stock truck that is slanted and put a lot of weight in the truck, the truck will sit level instead of dragging its rear.

Looks better? It's all about who you ask, some love it, some hate it (hence the leveling kit's popularity)

Also, the lower your truck sits to the pavement the better your gas millage will be (supposedly...not sure how much it actually affects it). So having the front of the truck a little lower supposedly gives you better gas millage...funny how my granddad's '85 F-150 gets about the same gas mileage as mine

Why Level?

1) Gives your truck a leveled look
2) Allows you to fit larger tires without having to install a complete (and rather expensive) lift kit.
3) ...actually I just think that a numbered list should have three points...I'm sure someone else has reason number 3

Last edited by ncTidalWave; 01-29-2010 at 12:19 AM.
Old 01-29-2010, 12:01 AM
Thanks for the info. Never ceases to amaze me how little I know!

Old 01-29-2010, 12:40 AM
Cool

Originally Posted by ncTidalWave
Several reasons.

If you have a stock truck that is slanted and put a lot of weight in the truck, the truck will sit level instead of dragging its rear.

Looks better? It's all about who you ask, some love it, some hate it (hence the leveling kit's popularity)

Also, the lower your truck sits to the pavement the better your gas millage will be (supposedly...not sure how much it actually affects it). So having the front of the truck a little lower supposedly gives you better gas millage...funny how my granddad's '85 F-150 gets about the same gas mileage as mine

Why Level?

1) Gives your truck a leveled look
2) Allows you to fit larger tires without having to install a complete (and rather expensive) lift kit.
3) ...actually I just think that a numbered list should have three points...I'm sure someone else has reason number 3
3) cuz women love it!

Quick Reply: 2009 F150 owner!