2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Sync Stopped Working Today...

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2010, 01:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I lost Sync for a couple of hours one day. I had a clear view of the sky, good weather, etc., just stopped working. Turned the truck off then on. No go. I listened to FM radio and after a while Sync started working again on it's own. I figured it was a satellite issue. I live near the 49th parallel so that may have something to do with it.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Update - My dealer performed the TSB update on Sync, and I've run without any issues since. No dead battery, no airbag sensor lights, all is well!

IowaAndy

Old 08-19-2013, 12:24 PM
Intermittent Sync issues also

(haven't tried pulling fuse yet).

'09 Ford w/Sync and I've had two software updates since purchase--so I'm up-to-date. Recently, every now and then my SYNC will stop responding to the button push. Nothing makes it come on except turning the truck off an then coming back some X-amount of time later and cranking it up. It's now been DOA for 2 days.

On the point of using the software to force a reset: mine won't play anything but FM2. Try pressing the media button and it briefly pops up SYNC then quicky hops over to FM2. No FM1 and no AM option.

Will try resetting.

Old 03-18-2014, 04:59 PM
Sync stopped working for me today. When you press the button, it goes back to FM, just as others have described.

I pulled the Fuse (Manual said it was 13), nothing.
I pulled 13 and 14 (listed as spare), nothing.
I pulled the battery cable (just positive), nothing.

So I'm still stuck with no Sync.

Time for a dealer trip?

Old 03-20-2014, 11:03 AM
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok;so I was trying to use the nav for like the 2nd or 3rd time,i would give a voice address command and it came up with every thing but the correct address finally stopped and manually put in the address it worked ok. The phone voice is doing the same voice messed up but ok manually. so if I pull fuse 13 will it reset and correct this?Nearest dealer I would use is 70 miles away,a long drive for this. I won't use our local dealer 8 mi away,would not let them work on my lawn mower,the one I 'm trashing.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:08 PM
wow... a very old thread resurrected.

Try posting in the Sync forum... there is a Ford rep that watches that forum and responds quickly.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:14 PM
Yea zombie thread that I started years ago!

Old 12-07-2016, 08:27 PM
All you do is remove the SYNC fuse and reinsert it and the problem should be fixed

Old 03-16-2018, 06:29 PM
I don't know what to do

I bought this truck last December and I have never heard of sync so one day I was messing with my truck and tried to play music off of my phone and it didn't work. Voice command button doesn't work none of the phone buttons work and when I press the aux button then the word sync pops up and disappears. I have done the fuse pull and I have done the battery pull. I can't do any of the master resets because I can't acsesss synce. Is there anything else I can do myself.

Quick Reply: Sync Stopped Working Today...