2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Paint defect 09 XLT = New Brake Controller

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 04:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Paint defect 09 XLT = New Brake Controller

A couple of weeks ago I found a paint defect near the rear tail light on the cab. It's a piece of dirt under base coat and would need a repaint to fix it. A body guy recommended just leaving it, because it will not rust or cause any future problems..

Well after thinking about what I paid for the truck and it being brand new I decided to contact the dealer to see what they would do. After about an hour of talking with the owner and taking a visit to the dealers autobody shop he said "what would you like to do?". I said give me some $$$ back, he said he couldn't do that, but was willing to give me an accessory on my truck.

He asked what I was looking for and since my truck is pretty much loaded and I needed a trailer brake controller, I asked for that. He checks the price and cost of installation and agreed to do it.

Old 09-16-2009, 04:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Free stuff is always great . Sounds like your dealership actually did a good job making you happy.

Old 09-16-2009, 07:30 PM
Great story...and great dealer to understand good customer service!!

Old 09-16-2009, 07:34 PM
We need more dealerships like that

Old 09-17-2009, 02:16 PM
This is a very small Ford dealership where you deal with owner. I will do business with them again.

I was surprised when I bought my truck that a small dealership could beat the price of the bigger ones since the big guys say they have the "Buying Power" that small dealerships don't...

Old 09-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Justin_w32
We need more dealerships like that
X2

Nowadays, most dealers will bend you over, ravage you, and demand to be paid for said rape job.

Old 09-17-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally Posted by scott6809
This is a very small Ford dealership where you deal with owner. I will do business with them again.

I was surprised when I bought my truck that a small dealership could beat the price of the bigger ones since the big guys say they have the "Buying Power" that small dealerships don't...
My dealership is small like yours. I've known the owner since the day I bought my 1st truck from them. I also made it a point to get to know the sales and service managers and throw each of them a couple gifts of knives to thank them for taking care of me on the 1st truck I bought there (owner too). So now 3 truck purchases later, I am always well taken care of when I go in for service. It is also a great comfort knowing that if I do happen to have an issue, I have a direct line to the top.

Quick Reply: Paint defect 09 XLT = New Brake Controller