2009 - 2014 F-150

Cheap 09 F-150s (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 05:32 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
...also, keep in mind that the PDR guys are going to be *EXTREMELY* busy there for several months (years) to come.

Old 07-20-2009, 06:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The problem is there looks to me maybe 50+ dents on just the roof. I know they used to charge per panel on larger areas but that was for 3-5 dents and they never ever come out perfect esp when the dent are across a crease. I had a few taken out from my last car and they got it close but it was never perfect. The dealer knows this and the cost will be far to much to make it work doing PDR. It would prob be cheaper to replace the whole roof panel.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

PDR guys love CASH. You can get the best deal when there are a bunch around still. They did my truck for $1500....it was as bad or worse than those.

Old 07-20-2009, 07:44 PM
Originally Posted by risupercrewman
Personally, I could not buy a new truck, & look at those dents, for who knows how long!.....EEkkk!
Ditto - I'd have to pass those baby's right on by

Old 07-20-2009, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by HotLap
Ditto - I'd have to pass those baby's right on by
X3. It's a story if you bought the truck and THEN the hail storm hit. You buy one of these, your buddies are gonna be asking you why you have a payment for the next 3-5 years for something that looks crappy...

Old 07-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Well I called the dealer up today and asked what the discounts were for the hail damage. The F-150s ranged anywhere from $3,000 to $5,000 off depending on which truck. The PDR guys are swamped around here, this was how the whole town looked. The body shops are swamped too, especially for winshield replacement. Some people had their whole window broke out or spider webbing all across the windshield.

I personally would not buy one of these cause every little minor imperfection bugs me. I have two weeks to go before my new one is delievered and now I'm glad I traded cause since I ordered it I have had two little chips in my windshield from rocks and a little 1/4" wide piece break out of my grill on my trade in. The only reason its not bugging me to the point of replacement is cause in two weeks its gone.

Old 07-20-2009, 11:09 PM
Wash 'n wax, then see if hail damage still noticable.

Meh. We had tennis-ball sized hail here a couple months back, and it got my hood I dunno 3 or 4 times and the roof a few times, also one on the b-pillar. hardly noticable on the hood with the White Sand, and could care less about the roof, the only one you even notice is looking at the shiny b-pillar from a certain angle to see the small dent. Just like the little rock chip in my windshield, will easily live with it all. And I'm very picky about my truck. Maybe those got hit worse, or perhaps it's the colors since like I said, you really have to look for the dents in the hood to notice them. Life goes on, and I'm sure in 4-5 years (2014?) Ford will do an all-new 150 and it'll be time to trade again. I'm sure at the right price those will sell soon enough, prob the biggest concern to people there is the depreciation/resale value where it's New and damaged, not Used and damaged (much less depreciation).

In fact, I just pulled up some pics from a wedding I was in last week, and there a a couple close-up shots of my fiance standing right next to the b-pillar in question (most noticable hail damage to my truck) and I can't even see it at all and I'm looking for it! That hail was HUGE, too.

Quick Reply: Cheap 09 F-150s (PICS)