2009 - 2014 F-150

'Auto' Climate Control

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CometFlash
Yep, that's all you did. Will most likely come back on again by itself next time you start your truck with EATC engaged.
Hey CF - how's the new truck doing? Tried to PM ya but not an option under your name?

Old 06-19-2009, 02:35 PM
Originally Posted by HotLap
Hey CF - how's the new truck doing? Tried to PM ya but not an option under your name?
Oh, dunno about that, maybe it's an option I didn't trun on or something. But the truck is great! I'm on vacation next week, intend to search for that little rattle that's buggin' me from somewhere on passenger side, I think it must be under the seat as I've pretty much looked at everything else over there. Other than that it's awesome, world's above my 2004. Then again, even my 1997 and 1998 were world's above my 2004.

Unfortunately, I had the truck maybe 3 weeks before I got a tiny crack from a rock in the windshield, and one of my b-pillars has a small dent in it from a crazy 1-minute hail storm a few weeks back. You should have seen the hail, it was HUGE. They were snowball sized hail pieces, like baseball-sized or bigger, it was pure insanity. I thought my truck was doomed, but only the one dent have I found so far (haven't washed/waxed/gone over it in detail since then). Who knew hail could get so frackin' massive?!!

I'm also at 14.9mpg, which is better than when I first got her. Oh, btw, I have seen my truck turn on/off the recirculation button by itself. It's uncommon, but occasionally happens. The A/C turn off is incredibly rare, but have seen that happen too. Love the A/C seats, btw.

Perhaps I'll clean the interior next week too, for the first time. It's stayed very clean inside, as all my trucks have. I love the factory rubber mats, they are perfectly formed to fit.

Man, talking about that hail storm brings out scary memories of my truck being pummeled. All the neighbors came running outside and we were all staring at the sky and talking to each other, like "What the %*&$ is going on?!! I've never seen hail so huge before!" And then of course they were all asking me if my new truck was alright. Boy oh boy. That was crazy.

Oh, and so far I still never see anyone with an '09. Seriously, like none. I've seen maybe 10 on the road, MAYBE I say, since getting the truck on March 30th. Pretty cool driving a vehicle no one else has, though it scares me to think the F150 may lose it's sales crown at the same time.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by moosesp
There is alot of incorrect information in this thread! Sorry to jack it but I want to clear a few things up. Freon is a trade name. The difference is R-12 is a member of the CFC (chlorofluorocarbon) group of refrigerants and R-134A is an HFC (hydroflourocarbon) group of refrigerants. R-134A has zero ozone depletion potential and this is why it has been implemented!

Now every automobile that I know of uses a Vapour Compression Refrigeration system! They consist of four essential parts:

#1-A compressor
#2-A condenser and reciever
#3-An evaporator or cooling tank
#4-Connecting piping and a regulating valve

The condenser is located in front or behind your radiator under the hood and the evaporator is located in your HVAC box in your vehicle or part of the ducting for the interior. The evaporator coil is what cools the air for the interior of the vehicle. Cooler air holds less moisture and the evaporator is not only cooling the air but dehumidifying it as well! Just my two cents.

Thank You,

Next time I will be like you and not dumb it down. Seems like when you try to make it simple you get harassed for being stupid.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As far as the recirculated air, I think mine has been doing it.

Example is when I first get in the truck when parked outside in the sun all day, of course the A/C comes on and the blower goes to full. As the inside temp starts to drop, the blower slowly winds down.

But I swear I head it today - the sound difference of the blower when on recirc changing to fresh air - the blower speed hadn't changed, but the sound of the blower changed as it does when switching from recirc to fresh.

So, as I said, I think it is doing it, but I don't see the recirc light.

Quick Reply: 'Auto' Climate Control