2009 - 2014 F-150

Stowable Bed Extender

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 11:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The rubber feet kept coming off mine as well. I seem to have remedied the problem for now with a little Gorilla Glue.

I tried to find replacements figuring I'd lose some eventually. No luck so far. If anyone ever figures out the actual manufacturer of the extender, that may help.

Old 07-23-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally Posted by Barritia
I tried getting them as i have lost 2 of them and dealer said that i have to buy the whole bed extender.
No offence but your dealer sounds like a crook!!

I would really like to know who makes them or even a Ford part number for them.

Do we have any assembly plant workers that still post on these boards?

Johnie

Old 07-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Originally Posted by nshipley
After a recent camping trip I found some rubber piece in the bed...sat on it for a few days trying to figure out what it was for and eventually threw it out. Now I have to check the bed extender to see if that is where it came from. Wouldn't this be a warranty item? Bumper to bumper, right? If they are breaking off...i'm just sayin.
LOL......that is sooooo me Keep it for a few days and toss it - only to find where it goes right AFTER that..glad I'm not the only one

Shoot...now I'm going to have to install padlocks on my rubber feet so you guys don't <help yourselves> to them Wonder ifI could run a cable lock through all of them and only have to deal with one padlock

Last edited by HotLap; 07-24-2009 at 05:54 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:08 AM
Originally Posted by HotLap
LOL......that is sooooo me Keep it for a few days and toss it - only to find where it goes right AFTER that..glad I'm not the only one

Shoot...now I'm going to have to install padlocks on my rubber feet so you guys don't <help yourselves> to them Wonder ifI could run a cable lock through all of them and only have to deal with one padlock
Just for the record I did check mine and one of the feet is missing.

Probably won't be the first that comes off. With time I am sure Ford will come up with a way for us to buy the feet (or get them replaced under warranty).

Has anybody noticed that they have water in theirs? When I flip my drivers side one out from in the bed to on the tailgate I can hear water sloshing around in it. Maybe I need to drill a small drain hole in it...

Old 07-26-2009, 11:22 AM
Former Sponsor
09 bed extender feet

For the 09 Bed Extender.

8C3Z99286B27A is the part number for the lower rubber bumper (feet).

9L3Z99286B27E is the upper rubber bumper.

hope this helps.

Old 07-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by TascaFordParts
For the 09 Bed Extender.

hope this helps.
Sweet!

Old 09-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally Posted by nshipley
Has anybody noticed that they have water in theirs? When I flip my drivers side one out from in the bed to on the tailgate I can hear water sloshing around in it. Maybe I need to drill a small drain hole in it...
I can hear water sloshing around inside mine on the passenger side. The driver side seems to be fine.

Old 03-21-2010, 04:00 AM
Part number clarification

Originally Posted by TascaFordParts
For the 09 Bed Extender.

hope this helps.
I lost one of the bumpers on the bottom of the bed extender (when it is in the normally stowed position). When the extender is stowed the bumpers on the bottom are about 1" tall and the ones on the top are about a 1/4" shorter.

I ordered 8C3Z99286B27A listed above from Tasca for the lower bumper, expecting to receive the taller one. The price seemed to confirm that this part was the taller one, because it was almost twice the cost of the other part number.

To my surprise, the part that arrived under this part number was actually the shorter one. Apparently the bottom & top reference is based upon the extender being in the deployed position rather than the normally stowed position. This is really strange because it makes the shorter bumper nearly twice the cost of the taller one.

Anyway I now have the shorter one which I don't need, and have to order the other part number. Hopefully the other part number will be for the taller bumper even though the pricing makes no sense. So if you need the shorter bumper (that goes on the top in the normally stowed position) I can confirm that the part number for that one is 8C3Z99286B27A. Hope this saves someone from ordering the wrong part.

Quick Reply: Stowable Bed Extender