2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Decal removal (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 05:37 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
well i tried this and for some reason it was like the wax malted off but not the sticker? then thought that wax was clear coat and stopped old dude at parts store said it was just wax but still have not tried again to a scared i guess

Old 03-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Looks a lot better without them. The monkey who designed them should be fired.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:55 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
I hate stickers of any kind and the new ones are just ugly to me. Looks so much better without them in my opinion.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:39 PM
I'd like to go for removal of the "F150" emblems too (tailgate and above front fenders), but was told there could be alignment holes underneath that would require patching/painting. Anybody know this for sure on an '09?

Old 03-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Originally Posted by willywaxer
I'd like to go for removal of the "F150" emblems too (tailgate and above front fenders), but was told there could be alignment holes underneath that would require patching/painting. Anybody know this for sure on an '09?
***** - I bet there are alignment holes under there - but if you do take 'em off be sure and let us know as I'd like to do the same thing. Even if there are alignment holes you can ususally re-attach the badge/emblem if you were careful when you removed it. I have removed badging from Fords and BMW's and they all had alignment "pin" holes underneath...shame for sure

Old 03-16-2009, 04:47 PM
Park in the sun for a while and you can peel 'em off with your fingernail. If you don't like the new "stealth" look - they are pretty cheap to purchase and easy to re-attach. Older "sun cured" stickers will generally need a bit of heat to help them along...

Also, don't forget to remove the BRIGHT YELLOW sun visor "You will be killed" product liability labels... and not to mention all the underhood, door jamb "don't stick your face in the fan or you may be killed or disabled" warning labels...the only labels I leave on my vehicles are the date of manufacture/VIN door jamb label and the underhood EPA emissions label. The rest of them get stuck in the back "notes" area of my OM - in case a subsequent owner wants to read them

Old 03-16-2009, 06:56 PM
the ones on the fender do have holes as for the one on the tailgate could not tell ya the one at the shop we tried to remove the f150 and found out the hard way bummer and ford is real proud of those things we had to buy a pair and payed i think we gave a fifty and got a five and some change

Old 03-16-2009, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by HotLap
***** - I bet there are alignment holes under there - but if you do take 'em off be sure and let us know as I'd like to do the same thing. Even if there are alignment holes you can ususally re-attach the badge/emblem if you were careful when you removed it. I have removed badging from Fords and BMW's and they all had alignment "pin" holes underneath...shame for sure
Why do I have to be the Guinea pig?

EDIT: Just saw your post blueovelboy...thanks, I guess the side emblems are staying.

Last edited by willywaxer; 03-16-2009 at 06:59 PM.
Old 03-16-2009, 08:37 PM
Originally Posted by willywaxer
Why do I have to be the Guinea pig?

EDIT: Just saw your post blueovelboy...thanks, I guess the side emblems are staying.
*****...better you than me JK, we should take up a collection and pitch in for the tailgate replacement emblem for you...so you can tell us if there is a pin hole there or not

Last edited by HotLap; 03-16-2009 at 08:40 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:12 PM
just did it today and look the sun did bake them in a little

this is where i started

took a little heat to get them going

and here it is all gone but the dirt lol

Old 04-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Ford must have had a lot of complaints about the "Torn" look to the new bed decals. I stopped and looked at an STX that just came in this week, and it has a normal text decal on the bed. The one they have had on the lot for a month has the "torn" look decals. Mid-year changes FTW!!

Old 04-03-2009, 05:25 PM
^lol, that's interesting if they changed the decals, wonder if they did on all models?

Quick Reply: Decal removal (pics)