2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Platinum remote starter

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 04:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Platinum remote starter

Barrittia and some other owners. So what is the REAL verdict on the remote start in Platinums. If installed does the factory alarm and or code jumping have to be disabled or not. I 'm getting ready the to pull trigger on ordering a new Platinum and waiting to see what my dealer says. In on going discussions they had said yes and no. I want to get a good answer from them. Will still order truck, just want to know.
If yes, what is the key fob issues ( one or two or what). I know I'm beating this to death, but have not seen an answer that makes you believe.
Thanks!

Old 02-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Not owner of platinum but as far as i have heard YES you can do remote start with alarm and everything.

The remote start will REQUIRE a seperate key fob. 1 for remote start. 1 for unlock/lock/alarm. and your truck key. The other option is get a fusion key and that will integrate your key and fob into one so you only have 2 things on your ring. The key and remote start fob.

Old 02-27-2009, 06:38 PM
i do them with out issue and we have come up with a work around for trucks with the factory alarm. people who say they can't be done, well i guess they can't do them.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by mg5ford
Barrittia and some other owners. So what is the REAL verdict on the remote start in Platinums. If installed does the factory alarm and or code jumping have to be disabled or not. I 'm getting ready the to pull trigger on ordering a new Platinum and waiting to see what my dealer says. In on going discussions they had said yes and no. I want to get a good answer from them. Will still order truck, just want to know.
If yes, what is the key fob issues ( one or two or what). I know I'm beating this to death, but have not seen an answer that makes you believe.
Thanks!
Still no update as of yet. The people who make the alarm at last call still said that the platinum alarm will not function with the remote start and that was the reason it was not done at the factory. Clifford still has no system that works with the platinum as of yet either. Lower models yes but not the platinum. Deano seems to be able to get the to work without a problem but im not looking at the ford system anyway as it's way to basic. It would be nice to know the reason audiovox still says that the 2 are not compatible.

Old 02-27-2009, 08:15 PM
i don't install Ford remote start systems, we only install compustar 9000 pro remote starts. and the company that builds the transponder override kits now have it built into the their kits through a software update to disarm the alarm. if you guys lived here i could do it for you no problem.

Old 02-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Deano, can you hook up the heated seats and the heated side mirrors/defrost if using a decent alarm/rmst combo with several Aux options?

Old 02-27-2009, 11:53 PM
maybe rear window deforst i don't really worry about hooking it up, but you can't do heated seats because they are controled on the can bus network and no one makes a data interface for the can bus network on Ford's yet.

Quick Reply: Platinum remote starter