2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Platinum remote start.

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Platinum remote start.

My dealer placed 3 calls today, to make certain there would be no problems installing the remote start when my Platinum arrives. He ended up speaking with the boss of the install company they use, and he confiremd they had done a couple already and it wouldn't be an issue.

So Barritia, go get one installed. Living without a remote start in the winter is not something I would even think about.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
My dealer placed 3 calls today, to make certain there would be no problems installing the remote start when my Platinum arrives. He ended up speaking with the boss of the install company they use, and he confiremd they had done a couple already and it wouldn't be an issue.

So Barritia, go get one installed. Living without a remote start in the winter is not something I would even think about.

I still have yet to find out if what ford and audiovox say is true about the alarm being deactivated if remote start is fitted. Def dont want that to happen. Clifford still aint got back to me about having a system that works ith the platinums yet.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:01 AM
Platinum owners, did you try this alarm test yet that I posted in the remote start thread a few weeks ago? Try this and post back here:

Test for Factory Perimeter Alarm (vehicles equipped with factory RKE only):
1. Roll down the driver’s door window and then close all doors, hood, trunk or hatch;
2. Lock the doors using the factory RKE transmitter;
3. Wait at least one minute, then reach in the driver door window and open the drivers door (do not unlock doors with the factory RKE remote).
(If the vehicle’s horn begins sounding when the door is opened, the vehicle is equipped with factory perimeter alarm. Unlock the doors with the factory RKE remote to turn off the alarm. In this case, wire the systems factory perimeter alarm disarm wire to the vehicle’s perimeter alarm disarm input (See the vehicle specific wiring section). If the horn does not begin sounding when the door is opened, the vehicle is not equipped with factory installed perimeter alarm.)

Old 02-12-2009, 07:38 PM
i have installed about a dozen compustar pro rmst system into 09 F150's with out issue. and if installed correctly all factory functions should work correctly.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:11 PM
Originally Posted by Deano-FX4
i have installed about a dozen compustar pro rmst system into 09 F150's with out issue. and if installed correctly all factory functions should work correctly.
Deano have you done any platinums yet? My alarm sounds when i try and open the door with the windows open so my alarm def works. But we i spoke to audiovox about the remote start and the alarm they told me exatly what clifford told me that the platinum uses a new code hoping system and that the systems cant work in conjuction with each over and the code hoping side of the alarm has to be turned of. I would be nice to know that you have done a platinum and it all worked fine.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:08 PM
i haven't done a plat but i am a Ford tech and i can tell you that wiring manuals for the F150 are the same for every truck they don't make a distinction between a F150 Platinum and a FX4. yes you have a perimeter alarm, so there might a disarm wire that needs to be pulsed when the rmst is used to unlock the doors, usually a simple ground pulse, but some of our 09's will disarm simply buy unlocking the doors with the rmst system.

i don't have access to my online install sources here at home but i can look for you tomorrow but i have never heard anything about this code hoping system. and i have completed the new model training for the 09 F150 as part of my Ford training it must be something very secret for Ford not to add it to the NMT course.

but like i said i have to go to work tomorrow so i will try a do some more research into this.

Old 02-13-2009, 07:43 PM
Thanks Deano, let us know what you find out about the remote start for Platinum.

Trending Topics

Old 02-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Yeah thanks Deano. I was given the number to the people who make the alarm systems for Ford as i want to know why clifford said they didnt have a system that would fit the platinum at the moment. The Audiovox tech guy said the exact same thing clifford did and he said that this situation is unique to tha platinum only. He said it has a more advanced alarm system. Hopefully he is just taking cr** as i really want the clifford system over the ford system. Clifford did say they have a module in the works for the platinum but had no date on release. They did say that if Ford has a system that works with the alarm still intact then they could piggy back from the ford system but they said it's not the best way to do it.

Old 02-14-2009, 03:07 PM
ok here is the deal, clifford and audiovox are full crap, i have looked high and low, talk with another installer, talked with my new car sales manager and that Platinum does not have any different security then the 09 expedition, superduty, F150 ect... yes it has a factory alarm but there is nothing preventing you or any qualified installer from putting one in. so i suggest you find a top notch installer to put in what you want i personally recommend the compustar pro 9000 series with the 5000 series of modules.

i forgot to mention that there maynot be a direct way to trigger the factory alarm disarm, but you shouldn't experience any problem with the rmst system.

Last edited by Deano-FX4; 02-15-2009 at 02:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Platinum remote start.