2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Getting what you want without ordering.

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 11:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kingfish51
From what I have seen, they will only look an area outside a 50 mile radius. They don't want to give other local dealers and money. I have done where they looked on other lots and found me a truck that was 350 miles away. Basically someone drove it down to the dealer. You will pay a bit for it, but they normally will do it.
I've had one of my dealers run 1,500 miles to get me a truck before. When I get a hair in my butt to get a truck, I don't want to wait. Every time I order, I get screwed somehow. This option wasn't available, that option was on backorder, etc. Now, that said, my 2008 King Ranch was exactly as I ordered it, but the wait was absolutely excrutiating... but worth it.

Old 01-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As a manager at a Chevy dealer we have the inventory for the whole country. I would imagine Ford has the exact same computer system.

I had a customer who wanted an Avalanche in sunset orange base model with sun roof and 20" rims. Odd truck to find. To my surprise I found the truck in Vancouver. We called the dealer to see if they want to get rid of the truck and then we had it shipped for about $500. Took about a week for the transport truck to arrive at or dealership. It was pretty quick.

Your Ford dealer can do the same. They make same amount of money as if they ordered it. You can use any rebate as long as it applies to that vehicle.

Quick Reply: Getting what you want without ordering.