Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

New 09 F150 wins major award...

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2008, 03:59 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by alomar
Oh, the Tundra is also on that coveted list of Top safety pick. So why the 09 over the Tundra if both are truely the safest of safe?
Because Ford doesn't cut corners when it comes to making tough trucks- Toyota does. Bent tailgate anyone?

Oh, that and the fact that the new F150 is a more capable, better refined interior, more innovative, better rated, better looking, will hold its resale better, and longer lasting truck.

Oh, and it helps the US economy more than buying a Tundra.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:19 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Lumadar
Because Ford doesn't cut corners when it comes to making tough trucks- Toyota does. Bent tailgate anyone?

Oh, that and the fact that the new F150 is a more capable, better refined interior, more innovative, better rated, better looking, will hold its resale better, and longer lasting truck.

Oh, and it helps the US economy more than buying a Tundra.
Those reasons I know and live by, the other poster seems to only be buying the vehicle by safety rating which is what led to my question. Which in turn means he should have gotten the 07 Tundra since by his theory its safer than the 04-08 F-150's or what ever he currently has.

Old 12-08-2008, 01:31 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by Tbird69

Have you seen the pics posted in the '04-'08 forum of the wrecks people have had with those trucks? Every one of those people walked away with nothing more then bruises and a few scratches. You make the '04-'08's sound like they're tin can death traps. You can put all the air bags and electronic gizmo's into a vehicle to make it safer, but the most important thing is the part that actually absorbs and directs the crash forces through the vehicle and around the occupants.

The safety cage used on the '09 is the very same one that's in the '08, it's just made of stronger material. The argument isn't valid, the '09 is going to be safer because it has the benefit of technology and material that wasn't used on the previous model. I can say my '04 is safer then an '03 for the same reason.
LOL seriously, its funny how some people get so worked up over this stuff.

Does the 09 have better safety features? Yes, sure. Its there to sell trucks.

But in reality if you put an 08 and 09 in the same exact situation (crash), the outcome wont be different. Keep in mind that the 08s are also heavier trucks than the 09s...moving mass makes a huge difference in any kind of vehicle on vehicle collision.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:56 AM
Originally Posted by mSaLL150
Keep in mind that the 08s are also heavier trucks than the 09s...moving mass makes a huge difference in any kind of vehicle on vehicle collision.

What does a supercrew 4x4 09 weigh compared to an 08 of the same configuration?

I bet there's no difference, and if so it's probably by a couple of pounds.

Quick Reply: New 09 F150 wins major award...