2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Checked out a FX4 Screw...

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 07:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rambo
Go to Ford Build & Price and the interior section. Here you can select the flint colored seats.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/f150/index.asp
Thanks - looks like you can't have the flint if you choose the luxury package. No matter I'm dreaming anyways about being able to afford this truck! The wife drives a 50k lexus and I'm stuck with a 10 year old pickup.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:57 PM
You can get Flint seats and the luxury package.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Originally Posted by jac4x4
Thanks - looks like you can't have the flint if you choose the luxury package. No matter I'm dreaming anyways about being able to afford this truck! The wife drives a 50k lexus and I'm stuck with a 10 year old pickup.
It doesn't matter how old it is as long as you still enjoy it. Once the fun goes away then it's time to sell.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by Rambo
You can get Flint seats and the luxury package.
Excellent - thanks again! Now I know exactly what I want for x-mas...2009

Old 11-12-2008, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by jac4x4
Excellent - thanks again! Now I know exactly what I want for x-mas...2009
Exactly. Wait until 2010 model with new engine lineup.

Glad I'm not the only one here anymore who doesn't think the 2009 is leaps and bounds above '04-'08 F-150. STILL have yet to check one out in person as none of the dealers around me have any yet. But from all the pics alone it looks not much different than what I'm driving right now. I love all the tweaks to the interior - flat load floor especially.

But in no way whatsoever do I look at an '09 and think, "Wow! What an amazing new truck!". I look at those pics and think, "Very nice! Lots of newer creature comforts, and they are working on better mpg engines. Can't wait until this test phase is over and they redesign my favorite truck in a few years! Going to be very exciting!"

I will certainly be very thorough when I do see one in checking it out. Let's all hope pickuptruck.com is correct and we can look forward to this test phase refresh resulting in an amazing all-new F-150 in just a few short years! beginquote{While there are major changes and upgrades, the 2009 Ford F-150 isn't an all new truck. It's more like a strong kick-off to a three year journey that will totally transform America's best selling vehicle by the time the next-generation 2012 F-150 arrives.}endquote

Oh, and I always use my steering wheel to get in my truck in addition to my running boards. My truck is a 2004 Lariat 4x4 w/18" wheels.

Old 11-13-2008, 12:52 PM
nevermind....

Old 11-13-2008, 09:42 PM
The new seats are worth the change... SO much better thatn the 04-08. I hate driving my 04 now...

Old 11-14-2008, 12:21 AM
Originally Posted by Power Kid
Loves:

- New seat Soooooooo comfy compared to old one.

- New room. Didn't know I needed it until I checked it out. Now my 04s front doors look stuby, like mini-me doors.

- Dash. Nice .

- Space under rear seats.

- Looks. Looks very much like 04-08 in person. Changes don't seem as big?

- More storage spots. Nice.

- Real floormats. I noticed rear ones were @ 350% larger than what my 04 arrived with!

- Added another power point inside console . nice. Now add another one or two in the dash.

Hates: - FX4 decal. Terrible. First thing to go. Fire the guy that ok'd them. Beat the guy who thought of it.

- Tail lights. I take that back Before I buy one I'll have to check out prices of relpacement tail lamps w/o that damn chrome. Does not belong on a FX4 that has no chrome. Very Lazy Ford. Monochrome = Monochrome. etc.

- Why no drivers side a pillar grab handle. That really sucks!

- Slanted fwd head rest. IF its all the way up I can live with it, but down well I wouldn't buy this truck if that could not be changed. Terrible.

- Tailgate. Three lines suck. 04-08 is much better. So now we can distinguish our tailgate from 50 ft away which was Fords goal??? Yes we can, cause ours is ugly. Who cares Ford? Reestablish your priorities. (i.e. ENGINE)

So-so:- All that work on aerodnamics (153 diff mirror desings tested) and still same old, old school wipers? Looks dated.
Well said, was at the stealership today looking them over and asked 2 salesman that why did Ford put those cheap look hollow black pieces on the front bumpers?? CAPITOL UGLY!! I knocked on them and believe they sound hollow on the inside.

I looked at a STX and XLT and a FX4 models.

Also I hate the cheap looking black plastic mirrors and again, I knocked on them also and they too sound hollow, SUPER UGLY, SUPER CHEAP!!

I agree about the tailgate too, in person it way too ugly. And I yes, the decals are super ugly....who thought of those?

I agree about the interior, really nice, spacious, I see where the money was spent now.

From the sides, the 09 looks really good, but from the front and rear, way too ulgy.

Ford your gonna have to better than this to get me out of my 2005.

One thing I do like, is the NEW look of the F150 badges, I may look into seeing if I can get 3 of those, one for each side and one for the tailgate.

Also I like the new rims and on the FX4's.!!

Go back to the drawing board Ford, you have got to better.

Last edited by Stragum; 11-14-2008 at 12:24 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:41 PM
i like the new super-duty style grills. im surprised that this many people dont like the way they look.

as far as the the handles you use to climb in, i dont really use them to climb into the truck, but i know passengers use them, but not to climb in. theres a reason people call them the "OH SH*T" handle. my old truck didnt have them and i when we would take it mudding the passengers would go flying around, since theyre only held down by seat belts.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:23 PM
Originally Posted by scotyg
i like the new super-duty style grills. im surprised that this many people dont like the way they look.

as far as the the handles you use to climb in, i dont really use them to climb into the truck, but i know passengers use them, but not to climb in. theres a reason people call them the "OH SH*T" handle. my old truck didnt have them and i when we would take it mudding the passengers would go flying around, since theyre only held down by seat belts.
No worries Scoty, the passenger side still has the grab handle.

Quick Reply: Checked out a FX4 Screw...