2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Checked out a FX4 Screw...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 11:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fine. Not that way for the wife though. Especially in winter with ice on running boards. I find it was angled in a way that it was 99% out of the view.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:31 PM
Here's a thought ... maybe FoMoCo removed the drivers side grab handle due to the airbag in either the steer wheel or the side curtain airbag. It might have been in the way while the airbag inflates.

I have one on my 04 and can't say i have used it at all. One step on the running board, another into the floor of the truck.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How about the powetrain?

Aesthetics aside, what about the new power train? It seems as if that would be the most enticing thing about the vehicle. The 6 spd auto is supposed to be quite a feature and makes really good use out of the engines power. I like that they did away with the V6 and opted for a 3 valve 4.6L mated to the 6A as the middle engine. I bet it is quite a bit different than the old 2 valve mated to the 4A. The numbers alone are significantly increased. Looks like 290+/- HP and 320 tq for the 3V 4.6. That's a tad over 40 horses and almost 30ft.lbs. increase over the 2 valve. Mated to the 6A I imagine it is a vast improvement. Even the mileage is better (for those of you who care LOL). My uncle has an Eddie Bauer Expy with the 5.4 and the 6A. I am pretty sure he is running a 3.31 in the rear and the vehicle has plenty of pep.
The 5.4 has to feel pretty nice with the 6A. Can't wait to take it for a spin.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:30 PM
I drove a Platinum this week. I have an 07 F150 Crew Lariat right now.

Here are my thoughts...

The seats are waaaaay better. Like sitting on a nice recliner rather than a wooded kitchen chair with leather.

The transmission is very very smooth. The upshifts are not noticable.

The rear seat room is huge! I love it!

The truck leans less around corners and when you make sudden steering movements

It dosent pull any harder with the extra 2 gears. But its enough. Pretty sure I can still get a ticket with 310 HP.

Maybe a little quieter, Maybe...

The cooled seats are the best thing since sliced bread

All in all a better more refined ride and more comfort than the current unit I have. I call this an upgrade.

The platinum is nice but probably not any nicer than a Lariat with the same options.

Old 10-31-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally Posted by Tbird69
i)Aftermarket
ii)Peel it off
iii)Use the steering wheel

go ahead, use the steering wheel in your brand new truck.

All the guys saying you don't use the grab handle....

what lift are you running ? Size tires ? Off road much ?

Old 10-31-2008, 07:52 PM
I too use the grab handle when its wet so I won't slip on the running boards. One time I stepped onto the running boards and slipped and that grab handle caught me from falling down. My girlfriend is 5' 3" and trust me if she didn't have a grab handle on my 04 then I would catch all hell.

Old 10-31-2008, 10:09 PM
Originally Posted by Tbird69
i)Aftermarket
ii)Peel it off
iii)Use the steering wheel
Oh your still around. I thought after you were caught with your pants down lying about your MPG you'd take some time off. Our loss.

Barrita stated there is not one thing he would keep from his 08. I answered back with 3 things. I did not suggest there was no way around that.... Too confusing? When I spend clsoe to $50K on a truck I'm not impressed I need to buy aftermarket tailights. And then peel the decal off, and I wouldn't have thought it, but I read its very hard on the steering wheel when you use it as a handle and pull from the side... But I'm only 220 so maybe I'm not heavy enough to do any damage?

Old 10-31-2008, 10:10 PM
Originally Posted by truckncrew04
I too use the grab handle when its wet so I won't slip on the running boards. One time I stepped onto the running boards and slipped and that grab handle caught me from falling down. My girlfriend is 5' 3" and trust me if she didn't have a grab handle on my 04 then I would catch all hell.
100% Agree. Luckily mine LOVES the new 09 seats so much she will be willing to overlook the lack of a handle.

Old 10-31-2008, 11:09 PM
I once test drove a used F150 and the sterring wheel had a lot of play and you could feel everything.

The mechanic said it was worn steering wheel bushings from using the steering wheel to get into the truck. It makes sense so i NEVER USE THE STEERING WHEEL TO GET INTO A TRUCK.

Old 11-02-2008, 10:51 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Originally Posted by MercedesTech

go ahead, use the steering wheel in your brand new truck.

All the guys saying you don't use the grab handle....

what lift are you running ? Size tires ? Off road much ?
x2. I have no step bars, and i have a 6" lift on 35s. I use the A-pillar handle everytime i get into the truck. And no i wont put steps on it, i hate those things.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Angry Interior color FX4

FX4 Still only comes in black interior. I really want the locking rear end but really don't want a black interior. I don't want to be a whinner but come on ford. Some one tell me black interiors don't get melting hot and I might fall for it.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Originally Posted by jac4x4
FX4 Still only comes in black interior. I really want the locking rear end but really don't want a black interior. I don't want to be a whinner but come on ford. Some one tell me black interiors don't get melting hot and I might fall for it.

black interiors don't get melting hot....

The FX4 also comes with the flint (grey) seats.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Power Kid
Oh your still around. I thought after you were caught with your pants down lying about your MPG you'd take some time off. Our loss.
I gotta check in here more often. Just because you say I was lying doesn't mean I was. BTW what part of Manitoba are you from? I'm not familiar with the Communist parts.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Originally Posted by Rambo
black interiors don't get melting hot....

The FX4 also comes with the flint (grey) seats.
Could you tell me where you saw the flint grey seats for the fx4 09. I only see black cloth or black leather for the interior color

Old 11-11-2008, 07:19 PM
Go to Ford Build & Price and the interior section. Here you can select the flint colored seats.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/f150/index.asp

Quick Reply: Checked out a FX4 Screw...