2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

MSN Rejects '09 Ram; F-150 Makes Top 10

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2008, 07:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by scott1981
I know GM has outsold Ford and it doesn't bother me. GM is an American company with a quality product, I'm glad they are doing well
THIS we can agree on, as long as the "big 3" are doing well I don't care which is #1.

But then again, maybe I'm saying this because I don't want SMIGGS to have to save my a$$ again.

Old 01-23-2008, 08:29 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by Tbird69

But then again, maybe I'm saying this because I don't want SMIGGS to have to save my a$$ again.

lol, point taken

Old 01-23-2008, 08:31 PM
Suspended
THIS we can agree on, as long as the "big 3" are doing well I don't care which is #1.
And yes we agree 100% here. Chevy has done well with the new model and I hope Ford and Dodge have a hit also. The big 3 are back, time for Toyota and Nissan get back to building cars

Old 01-23-2008, 09:05 PM
And yes we agree 100% here. Chevy has done well with the new model and I hope Ford and Dodge have a hit also. The big 3 are back, time for Toyota and Nissan get back to building cars
Toyota took truck of the year for 2008, no surprise there we all knew they would. What I'm interested in is who will take it for 2009, with both Ford and Dodge releasing new models at the same time. Typically the winner is which ever one is newest, this could actually be interesting.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:05 AM
Suspended
Toyota took truck of the year for 2008, no surprise there we all knew they would. What I'm interested in is who will take it for 2009, with both Ford and Dodge releasing new models at the same time. Typically the winner is which ever one is newest, this could actually be interesting.
It will be interesting, but TOTY is a BS award in my mind. Regardless of what truck gets it my opinion of that truck will not change. I like how Dodge has stepped away from the norm and has narrowed it's target audience. The new truck will not have class leading towing or hauling, but for the 99% of trucks out there that never see these severe demands it will probably function better. Ford goes right after the working class and always wants to claim top capability in every catagory so a more traditional design is needed.

Old 01-24-2008, 01:47 AM
i honestly like the new chevy's looks, but the dodge still comes across a little gay. the titans look okay and are really roomy on the inside. But its really too easy for nissan and toyota to jump on the "truck building" wagon and just talk about the awesome horsepower they have while everything else about the truck sucks. if you leveled the playing field by all trucks having the same horse power, the american trucks (at least ford and chevy) are better bar none. take away h.p and the others are hard to sell to the typical american guy. no body wants to be THAT guy driving a Jap truck. at least not in my state anyway. i almost bought my bro's titan fully loaded(an '04), but didnt at the last minute and bought the truck i have now. his truck has literally fallen apart, from the leather seats,to the fosgate shi++y sound system (the speakers have cut out, and the center console shakes horribly. I would buy a truck that has a great history (ford/chevy) than some jap truck just trying to make a jazzy product.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:21 AM
Agreed. Even though Dodge has done a very commendable job with the 09 Ram, they still have a long way to go. ( company stability )

Hell, they are probably doing away with the Hemi in the near future....

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/01/22/...emi-powertrain/

[But then again, maybe I'm saying this because I don't want SMIGGS to have to save my a$$ again.
Not too worry, I'm busy enough trying to save my own!!!

Old 01-24-2008, 01:55 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Soooo......using this logic, McDonalds sells the most burgers of any fast food joint, that must mean their burgers are the best then right?
Micky D's and the tundra both give me the runs......

Old 01-24-2008, 07:48 PM
It will be interesting, but TOTY is a BS award in my mind. Regardless of what truck gets it my opinion of that truck will not change. I like how Dodge has stepped away from the norm and has narrowed it's target audience. The new truck will not have class leading towing or hauling, but for the 99% of trucks out there that never see these severe demands it will probably function better. Ford goes right after the working class and always wants to claim top capability in every catagory so a more traditional design is needed.
Very true. Dodge has always targeted the people that want a truck but most likely won't use it as one, although they are starting to go after the working crowd by introducing the 4500 and 5500 chassis cabs for '08.

Ford's always given themselves a bigger challenge because they target EVERYONE that wants or needs a truck. Starting with those that use them for work, as well as those that never use it as a truck. This means that Ford needs to design F150's that can handle any situation. Tough job because the frame and suspension not only has to handle the weight of towing/hauling, but also has to provide a smooth comfy ride when unloaded and your just driving the family to dinner. Just going by my old '04 (*sigh*), they've done a stellar job, I can't imagine how much better the '09's could be.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:28 PM
Just going by my old '04 (*sigh*), they've done a stellar job, I can't imagine how much better the '09's could be.
Don't start sighing yet. My '04 is the most beautiful vehicle on the road, and will remain that way until I see the first '09 roll off the dealer lots in August. Until then, we still have the best, most beautiful vehicle on the road today.

Old 01-24-2008, 08:44 PM
Suspended
Very true. Dodge has always targeted the people that want a truck but most likely won't use it as one, although they are starting to go after the working crowd by introducing the 4500 and 5500 chassis cabs for '08.

Ford's always given themselves a bigger challenge because they target EVERYONE that wants or needs a truck. Starting with those that use them for work, as well as those that never use it as a truck. This means that Ford needs to design F150's that can handle any situation. Tough job because the frame and suspension not only has to handle the weight of towing/hauling, but also has to provide a smooth comfy ride when unloaded and your just driving the family to dinner. Just going by my old '04 (*sigh*), they've done a stellar job, I can't imagine how much better the '09's could be.
I agree, my 06 gets nothing but comliments from passengers and onlookers... The shifts are super smooth, the power comes on early and the cab is quiet and well sealed. The only area I could really say needs improvement is unloaded ride and MPG. Im pulling a respectable 14-15 MPG city, but more would never hurt

Old 01-24-2008, 09:50 PM
Technical Article Contributor

not surpised on f150 beatin ram. good job ford

Old 01-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Suspended
To be the sales leader, of course they are. That doesn't make Ford the best.
I dont care that you are in this forum. You are more that welcome. But why are you in this forum? Are you a sadist that likes a beating?

Old 01-24-2008, 10:37 PM
I agree, my 06 gets nothing but comliments from passengers and onlookers... The shifts are super smooth, the power comes on early and the cab is quiet and well sealed.
X2 on all the above.
I was riding in a friends 07 Caddy CTS yesterday, and as for quietness, that Caddy has nothing on my Screw.

Old 01-24-2008, 10:57 PM
Originally Posted by Shinesintx
I dont care that you are in this forum. You are more that welcome. But why are you in this forum? Are you a sadist that likes a beating?
Why thank you. I'm glad I have your permission to be here, considering that I've been around longer then you have.

Last edited by Tbird69; 01-24-2008 at 11:04 PM.

Quick Reply: MSN Rejects '09 Ram; F-150 Makes Top 10