2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I HATE the new f150

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2008, 09:59 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Don't knock a new model til you've seen it for yourself in person up close & real...........

Old 01-19-2008, 12:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by risupercrewman
Don't knock a new model til you've seen it for yourself in person up close & real...........
That is exactly what I was getting ready to post....

HATED, I mean absolutely hated the new Chevies in the commercials...Then I saw one in person...I liked it.

Just wait till we see them in person. Most of those pictures are computer-generated anyway...Makes it look like crap.

Old 01-19-2008, 10:26 AM
I like it too

I really like the front end and grill.. I don't like the curves of the hood though. But the front view looks awesome! I hope the new model does'nt have flint seats!

Old 01-19-2008, 12:25 PM
I think you cant really safely say you hate a vehicle until you have driven it.

Old 01-19-2008, 04:38 PM
I guess its not that I hate the styling of the 09 F150 but I just expected a more dramatic remake of the truck. Looks like they upgraded the interior but gave up on the exterior.

Old 01-19-2008, 04:58 PM
Suspended
i think my thread should be stickyd!!!

Old 01-19-2008, 08:39 PM
I don't like the exterior styling either.

Old 01-20-2008, 07:52 AM
None for me, thanks.

Originally Posted by MeanGene

Is it just me or does it look like Carrier made the grille?

The truck is probably going to be great, but I don't like the grille and I didn't like the honey cone grille on my 2004 either. I am sure the aftermarket company's are drawing up plans as we speak and I am sure they will make a killing.
No, it's not just you. That grill misses the mark, IMO. I don't mind a bigger grill per se, but this one looks like it's made too much into the hood. A grill that big should be separate and distinct, say, like on a Peterbilt 389.

Add to that the cut of the leading edge of the hood, what options are gonna be had for a bug shield? Seems to me that either the leading edges of the hood are still gonna be exposed, or a part of the grill will be covered by one. Without a shield, those leading edges on the right and left sides are gonna be peppered with rock chips in no time.

I don't want to be overly critical, but I have other issues with the new model. The retractable side steps I don't care for. To me a truck just needs chrome nerf bars, or at least chrome side steps. The box steps are a good idea, though.

The new tailgate profile is interesting, but the blue oval thingie needs to go. It looks like a painful knot of some sort. Something else it reminded me of is the big blobs of plastic that are supposed to be toys that kids get in their Happy Meals. Does it make a noise when you squeeze it?

The rest of the badging looks okay, though.

The interior is rather nice, and the Platinum option is interesting, although a bit bright. The stowable rear seating is a nice touch, but if it's gonna cause the truck to cost more, it doesn't make sense. I mean, there's a big damned bed RIGHT BEHIND THE SEAT!

The SYNC crap is something I don't care for. I mean, I get all the Microsoft frustrations I need from my PC. I don't want that headache in my truck.

I don't understand the offering of the SONY surround sound package. Generally, I won't have "premium" factory audio gear because aftermarket costs less and blows it away with ease, but if you're gonna offer something as premium, why SONY? Premium it ain't.

The new hood profile? I'm not sure yet. What I initially see is the same truck with a bigger, chunky front end stuck on.

The side mirrors? Gotta go. Either black or chrome, please. Not both. It looks like Ford either tried to save some money by cutting back on the chrome, or tried to dress up plain plastic. It just doesn't look right.

All in all, I want to look at one close up to allow some objectivity into my appraisal of the new truck, but as of now, I wouldn't buy one.

My 2004 said to me, "Buy me now and mortgage the house if you have to".

The 2009 (Hey Ford, we just started 2008) says to me, "Want some truck to go with that grill?"

Old 01-20-2008, 08:04 AM
Originally Posted by Oxlander
And whats up with not having a gas cap? Has removing the gas cap during refueling really been a messy process? Is there even going to be an option for a locking gas cap?

I guess the bean counters said "Hey if we sell 1,000,000 trucks and we don't put a $13.00 gas cap on them, then we saved $13,000,000."
What? There's no gas cap? I missed that change. How stupid is that?

You can bet your *** the the design change cost plenty and will only add to the price unnecessarily when a friggin' gas cap did just fine.

Make tangible changes, Ford. Not insignificant stuff like this.

Old 01-20-2008, 10:11 AM
Originally Posted by dixieF150scab
What? There's no gas cap? I missed that change. How stupid is that?

You can bet your *** the the design change cost plenty and will only add to the price unnecessarily when a friggin' gas cap did just fine.

Make tangible changes, Ford. Not insignificant stuff like this.
I actually like this idea. I have left my gas cap off a few times and kicked myself for doing so. I even got scuff marks on my paint from the gas cap flopping arround in the wind at highway speeds. this new idea solves that from happening. and I am sure they did not save money doing this as the part they put in to reseal the gas tank probably cost more than a gas cap. I can see it being a problem for those who want to lock there gas cap. but I also heard it is almost impossible to steal gas out of modern rigs due to the steel grill that prevents one from putting a hose into the tank. all in all I think it was a good idea.

Old 01-20-2008, 12:57 PM
[QUOTE=dixieF150scab]
Add to that the cut of the leading edge of the hood, what options are gonna be had for a bug shield? Seems to me that either the leading edges of the hood are still gonna be exposed, or a part of the grill will be covered by one. Without a shield, those leading edges on the right and left sides are gonna be peppered with rock chips in no time. QUOTE]

YEAH, I'D LOVE TO SEE A BUGSHIELD ON AN '09!

Old 01-21-2008, 11:28 AM
For those that don't like the new 150: honestly, were you all suprised what it would look like? I mean ford has always come out with the new expedition's a yaer before the 150 comes out. And just incase you can't figure it out, the expedition and 150 are the same body.

Old 01-21-2008, 11:40 AM
Duck! cuz somethings about to hit the fan!

Old 01-21-2008, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by CEE21
For those that don't like the new 150: honestly, were you all suprised what it would look like? I mean ford has always come out with the new expedition's a yaer before the 150 comes out. And just incase you can't figure it out, the expedition and 150 are the same body.
Un no.

If we are talking exteriors here, besides the heatlights and possibly the front doors. There is NOTHING the same on the body. Front clips are different. I know on the first gen Expy the wheelbase is shorter than the F150.

Nobody is surprised at what the new F150 looks like. Some are dissappointed because they aren't suprised by it, and others just like it.

Old 01-21-2008, 01:24 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by CEE21
Negative, the expedition is built on the super duty frame, the f150 is built on the explorer frame.

Quick Reply: I HATE the new f150