2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

More spy photos of the new 150

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 12:49 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boy, it sounds like many of you would cry if you were hung with a new rope. It's simple... buy a Chebby or Dudge if you like shallow beds. I hard tonneau most of my trucks, and high bed sides are nice to allow extra height under a closed cover in a rainstorm. I haul alot of crap in my truck, and just because I don't like the lack of security with an open bed or a vinyl tonneau cover doesn't make me less of a "real truck user". I just like security for expensive tools and my goodies when on the job or out in the middle of nowhere chasing down a 12-pointer. And frankly, the cost of a full shell over a hard tonneau is outrageous. The height increase is all about numbers. Furd will get to boast they have the most VOLUME in their new bed, and increase in volume won't come if the width and lengths don't change - and because many city-slickers complain about a truck being too long or too wide to park, they can only go up.

Oh, as a last note, length DOES mean alot. The beds should be at least 6'9" as it allows an 8'-0" long stud to fit in crosswise (corner to corner) with the tailgate closed. That is helpful to Suzy Homemaker on a weekend where a bed extender is useless.

My opinion, so flame away, but real world griping should be with real things like... no power sliding rear windows available on ALL crewcabs. Come on, that means something.

Quick Reply: More spy photos of the new 150