2009 - 2014 F-150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Exclusive Spy Video! 2009 Ford F-150

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 11:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclusive Spy Video! 2009 Ford F-150

It looks awesome. They also managed to catch it with the real grille in place. The 3 bar design was just a way to keep the real thing under wraps. Ha!

Video: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...hotopanel..2.*

Old 06-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Graphics Contributor

edit : maybe the other grill is the FX4 Grill???

Old 06-19-2007, 12:45 PM
They were right about that bizarre interior. I can't imagine it's close to the real thing, not only does it seem to have redundancy, but there is also no room for a screen for NAV.

Old 06-19-2007, 01:21 PM
I like the new Super Duty dash treatment, so it should look good in the F-150.

Old 06-19-2007, 10:25 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The interior shots show what looks like dual zone climate controls, it's about time.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:18 PM
This is copied and posted- from edmunds as well:

Another shot reveals the design of at least one trim level of the F-150 and we can't say we're impressed. It uses a maze of small buttons on the center stack that truck buyers aren't going to like, so we hope this is another fake layout slapped on to throw us off. Given the quality of the finish, however, this setup could be headed to production. Look for additional photos in the coming weeks as Ford continues to field test the next-generation of its best selling truck.

http://blogs.edmunds.com/Straightline/!discloc=.ee9bb05&nopopup=1

I agree. It is not nearly as nice and streamlined as our current trucks dash. Way too many little buttons, like it's trying to be fancier than it needs to be. And as I mentioned above, if they go with that design, where are they going to put the NAV screen? In that tiny little space above all those buttons and below the dash top? Ugh.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:31 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
It's a truck for sake... you don't need it to be the mission control for a space shuttle.

Old 06-19-2007, 11:57 PM
Dash reminds me of the inside of the 2008 Escape. I too hope it more resembles the superduty than what I just saw.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
I agree. It is not nearly as nice and streamlined as our current trucks dash. Way too many little buttons, like it's trying to be fancier than it needs to be. And as I mentioned above, if they go with that design, where are they going to put the NAV screen? In that tiny little space above all those buttons and below the dash top? Ugh.
To put a nav in it is probably going to be a bezel swap like what I have to do in the 08 escapes. PITA

Old 06-20-2007, 12:10 AM
Originally Posted by CometFlash
the NAV would replace a good half of those buttons with it's touch screen ones

Old 06-20-2007, 07:17 AM
No, I seriously doubt that thats the dash. There is no reason for that many buttons. And like MrSqirrel said, if you really needed all those buttons, the NAV would be logical. I dont think that it looks like final quality anyway. It looks like what its supposed to be, something to throw us off. I hope.

Old 06-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Oh, I forgot to thank Rambo for putting up the link for us to drool over. Thanks!

PS I also really like the new Super Duty interior, hopefully it will be as clean and nice. Wonder if they'll have the Tow Command buttons as an option?

ManualF150 ->

I wonder if we magnified that pic if we could tell what each button is for... Maybe one is for the heated/cooled cupholders! Maybe each cupholder has it's own button. Hehehe. What would be super sweet is if one was for the ENTIRE sliding rear glass. How nice would that be?!

Old 06-20-2007, 11:26 PM
The dash is different from anything Ford has on the market right now - atleast the section in front of the passenger seat is a totally new design. I just flipped through the interior shots on the Escape, Explorer, Expy and SD and none of them have the distinctive horizontal bar between the airbag and glove box. I think it most closely resembles the Super Duty on the inside with the sharp lines and protrusions on the dash.

The center and drivers side section appear to be some type of Frankenstein creation of trim pieces that don't fit together. The buttons on the center section look like the Expy Nav system buttons. The trim around the round vent also appears to be missing from the pic.

As for the outside of the truck, Ford is really throwing a curve ball with these different grilles! However the lights on the vehicle in the video are the Expy style lights for sure. Right after it shows the interior shot, the truck makes a right turn and you can see the turn signal flashing directly below the headlight just like the 2008 Expedition.

Old 06-21-2007, 04:19 PM
I'm not sure what it's called, but the driver computer information buttons aren't where they are in the 04-08. Seems that they moved to the center along with the rest. Maybe add push button 4wd in there too? There's six buttons accounted for. Also, notice there is no radio display. Where's it to go? Perhaps that area above the control panel? In place of some of the false buttons? All speculation at this point and no reason to fret, but we may likely not see this configuration unless it's a specific model layout.

Last edited by KSUWildcat; 06-21-2007 at 04:21 PM.
Old 06-21-2007, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by KSUWildcat
I'm not sure what it's called, but the driver computer information buttons aren't where they are in the 04-08. Seems that they moved to the center along with the rest. Maybe add push button 4wd in there too? There's six buttons accounted for. Also, notice there is no radio display. Where's it to go? Perhaps that area above the control panel? In place of some of the false buttons? All speculation at this point and no reason to fret, but we may likely not see this configuration unless it's a specific model layout.
i think it is just a prototype config, not near final product, im sure it will look better, just i hope not like a minivan like in the Tundra

Quick Reply: Exclusive Spy Video! 2009 Ford F-150