2004 - 2008 F-150

replacing seat cushions in my fx4

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2023, 10:52 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
replacing seat cushions in my fx4

bought this 2004 last year and both front seats were completely trashed. fx4 does not have full leather like the lariat, but the center section is leather. so i finally got around to replacing the driver's side bottom today. also replaced the foam pad which was still available from ford. i didn't have to remove the seat from the vehicle or even disconnect anything electrical (which was nice because i don't know anything about air bags lol). next up will be the passenger side

Old 06-08-2023, 03:31 PM
Received 220 Likes on 200 Posts
Nice job! I need to replace the leather seat cover on my 2002 Lariat. The last time I checked new covers were available on line with Lariat embossed in the leather just like the OE covers. I think it's "The Seat Shop" that has videos showing how to do it and they sell the covers.

The following users liked this post:
Old 06-08-2023, 04:28 PM
Received 41 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Roadie
Nice job! I need to replace the leather seat cover on my 2002 Lariat. The last time I checked new covers were available on line with Lariat embossed in the leather just like the OE covers. I think it's "The Seat Shop" that has videos showing how to do it and they sell the covers.

About 6 years ago I was going to replace my 2002 lariat covers. The upholstery shop where I normally do business said he couldn't find a source for the originals with the Lariat embossed in the back. It was the bolsters that were beginning to wear, so he noticed the seat backs were identical from left side to right side, he just swapped them. It was that way when I sold the truck 3 years ago, and they were still wearing fine. It cost me 30 bucks for him to swap them. Good thing he couldn't find the source you found or I'd be out more than 30 bucks!!!

Quick Reply: replacing seat cushions in my fx4