2004 - 2008 F-150

2005 Brake Light, Back Turn Signal Struggle

Old 04-05-2023, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 2005 Brake Light, Back Turn Signal Struggle

I have a 2005 f150 XLT. The back turn signals are not working. Quickened blinker signal. The Hazards in the back do not work also. The brake lights are not working; the 3rd brake light in the center is working.
I've checked all of the fuses and replaced them just in case. I just replaced the turn signal switch. The bulbs are working. When I reverse the reverse lights come on, and the red lights turn on when I turn my headlights on.
I did have a new radio and a backup camera installed. The camera stopped working first. Then my left blinker went out about 6 months later, then my right blinker about 2-4 weeks later. I connected my backup camera wires, and now my radio will say "back up camera" but not display any video.
If anyone has any help on what I should check or do, I would be very appreciative.

Old 04-06-2023, 07:08 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
This sounds like a grounding issue. I would check all of your grounds, especially underneath.

Old 04-08-2023, 05:23 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Looking at my 2004 F150 Wiring Diagrams manual, it could be G303 (ground), but not if the driver's rear-view mirror and door lock switch work. They use this ground too.

Could be both fuses 42 and 36 but you said you checked all the fuses.

I don't see any other shared power or ground for just the rear lights. So, I suspect the problem is related to the radio and/or backup camera installation. I would inspect their wires to see whether any were spliced into existing wires, and if so, I'd probably disconnect them and retest.

Hope you can find the problem.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2005 Brake Light, Back Turn Signal Struggle