2004 - 2008 F-150

2008 4.6L Heater Core Leak?

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2021, 04:32 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 4.6L Heater Core Leak?

Under pressure, coolant is pouring out at the PS fire wall. It is leaking outside on the ground - Nothing inside on the PS floor pan. It looks like it's leaking from behind the heat shield fabric on the fire wall. It does not look like it's leaking from the supply or return line to the heater core. A couple of months ago, I blew the heater core return line under acceleration and have since replaced it, but it is not leaking from there. So, my question - Can a heater core leak dripping on the ground and not on the interior?

Old 05-30-2021, 08:15 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Yes, if there is pressure and it's going in that direction. Or there is a hole in the hoses or fittings.

Old 01-10-2022, 11:45 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by YJay90
Under pressure, coolant is pouring out at the PS fire wall. It is leaking outside on the ground - Nothing inside on the PS floor pan. It looks like it's leaking from behind the heat shield fabric on the fire wall. It does not look like it's leaking from the supply or return line to the heater core. A couple of months ago, I blew the heater core return line under acceleration and have since replaced it, but it is not leaking from there. So, my question - Can a heater core leak dripping on the ground and not on the interior?
I am currently having a similar problem and a leak in the same area (coming form behind the heat shield/insulation) I bypassed the heater core but still seem to have a leak in the same location.
Did you ever figure out where your leak was coming form?

Quick Reply: 2008 4.6L Heater Core Leak?