2004 - 2008 F-150

06 4.6L Reg cab 4*4 leak pass side

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2020, 11:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 4.6L Reg cab 4*4 leak pass side

I have a 06 F150 XL 4*4 with 120 on odometer, i have a level kit and 285/75/17s. I had to changed the heat core, but 2 days before i do i see rust under floor mats cause i smelled rust and musky stuff on that side. Now its never been soaked but it has been damp, i arm and hammer the area and wet dry vac the floor. I do the heat core change and i also changed my evap, actuators, water pump. so again that same day arm and hammer and vac. New core is in and have not had much rain or wetness on floor i also put micro towels under mat.
Fast forward to this past Friday we had a big snow storm didn't see much on the towels but i smelled like hell like rust and it did when core was about to be changed. The stuff on the towels were on the edges of the towel. One of the towels was completely under and best i can describe that one is damp maybe a bit more. Going to get some arm and hammer let it sit clean that then steam the floor clean as well.
I checked a few spots as:
  • 3rd brake light and sealed lightly with clear silicone
  • Passenger door was hit fixed door and resealed w/ New Black stripping
  • I didn't fully check pass floor where wires are hidden but i can recheck to see if it dry.
​​​​​​​Any help is greatly appreciated.

Old 12-22-2020, 10:36 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Well, those are the three big areas - might also want to check to see if you have a little windshield leak.....???

Old 12-23-2020, 09:20 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Okay will check, window was just replaced 2 years ago by "safelight repair, safelight replace" but it was also in the winter lol so maybe something. i think it was from old heat core blowing and havent got the entire **** out

Old 12-23-2020, 06:15 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 259 Likes on 250 Posts
Safelight in my area has a deplorable review rating. I've known many people that had to have them come out not only twice, but sometimes 4 times replace glass or seals.

I recommend finding a regular glazing shop in your area.

The Safelight techs don't care how many times they do it, they get paid either way. A regular glass shop... no way. They need to do right the first time, because they don't want you coming back for the same thing wasting their time.

Quick Reply: 06 4.6L Reg cab 4*4 leak pass side