2004 - 2008 F-150

04 F150 wire question

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2016, 08:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
04 F150 wire question

I removed the drivers seat bottom pad to replace it, When I did, there is a two prong connector just below the seatbelt clip. It came apart in my hands and when trying to put it back together, the prongs broke off. The two wires are both green w/black stripes. The connector is black with a yellow cap. My airbag light now flashes. Any idea what this connector is for? There appears to be a cylindrical cylinder under this, but attached to the seatbelt clip also. I have searched for wiring diagrams, but no luck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance,

Old 08-17-2016, 04:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If the connector is yellow, then it's an airbag (or SRS supplemental restraint system) component. You are probably referring to the seat belt pre-tensioner (cylindrical item)...that is why your air bag light is flashing...you need to get that fixed (try to find a connector at a wrecking yard and see if you can swap it over. If you cut into this wiring you may be in for a world of hurt! I'm not an airbag expert but that is what we were told in the early days of air bags when I was an auto painter...

My understanding is that if the air bag light is flashing then the system is pretty much disabled? Also, if you decide to work on it yourself disconnect the battery and allow the charge in the electrical system to run down just like you would to reset the computer...before you start working on it...

FWIW!

Quick Reply: 04 F150 wire question