2004 - 2008 F-150

06 Lariat Instrument Cluster Lens

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 10:47 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06 Lariat Instrument Cluster Lens

Hey fellas.. I'm trying to replace the plastic lens for my instrument cluster as the previous owner was a smoker and left a nasty burn mark on it . Does anyone know where I can find a part number for just the plastic lens? Anyone have experience or suggestion on replacing one too? Thanks for your time!
-Matt

Old 03-06-2016, 09:26 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Matticus06
Hey fellas.. I'm trying to replace the plastic lens for my instrument cluster as the previous owner was a smoker and left a nasty burn mark on it . Does anyone know where I can find a part number for just the plastic lens? Anyone have experience or suggestion on replacing one too? Thanks for your time!
-Matt
You might want to check and see if the clear screen is the same for all models of clusters. If so, I bet you could find one on eBay.

How would someone burn the instrument cluster while smoking? That's crazy.

I don't think I'd be able to buy a vehicle that was smoked in. They're disgusting, no offense.

Old 03-06-2016, 11:24 AM
I did think about the possibility that all the plastic lens covers were identical, just wasn't certain. I'll check ebay and some local pick-n-pulls for sure. I could have sworn there was a post around here that had part numbers for every piece you could think of regarding these trucks, if I recall correctly it had to do with collision-repair pdf….

As far as the smoking part, I too am disgusted by it. If this truck smelled utterly gross or looked like it was neglected in that way I would have passed. Surprisingly the instrument cluster is the worst part.

Old 03-06-2016, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by Matticus06
I did think about the possibility that all the plastic lens covers were identical, just wasn't certain. I'll check ebay and some local pick-n-pulls for sure. I could have sworn there was a post around here that had part numbers for every piece you could think of regarding these trucks, if I recall correctly it had to do with collision-repair pdf….

As far as the smoking part, I too am disgusted by it. If this truck smelled utterly gross or looked like it was neglected in that way I would have passed. Surprisingly the instrument cluster is the worst part.
Glad to hear it's not terrible inside!

Thinking about it, the lower end clusters have a long button that sticks out to reset the trip odometer and the higher end models are controlled on the wheel.

Sorry I'm not able to give you the exact info you're looking for. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Old 03-06-2016, 04:17 PM
No, they are different, as the chrome gauge surrounds are built into the cover. The part you need is 4L3Z-10890-CA

Old 03-06-2016, 04:23 PM

The gauge surrounds do not appear to be build into the plastic lense.

06 Lariat Instrument Cluster Lens-55cszcw.jpg

Looks to be the same cover on my old broken xl cluster that easily snaps on and off.

06 Lariat Instrument Cluster Lens-9rsumhc.jpg

Edit: after some research, I think he's right:

Name:  broeOic.jpg
Views: 33
Size:  9.6 KB

Last edited by 2008_XL; 03-06-2016 at 04:28 PM.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:03 PM
Originally Posted by EBC-150
No, they are different, as the chrome gauge surrounds are built into the cover. The part you need is 4L3Z-10890-CA
Perfect. That part number seems to be exactly what I am looking for.

Thanks for all the replies fellas!

Quick Reply: 06 Lariat Instrument Cluster Lens