2004 - 2008 F-150

poor heated seat performance

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 04:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
poor heated seat performance

07 lariat, leather seats, the passenger side doesn't get anywhere near as hot as the drivers side, its not cold but i would definitely not call it hot, is there a two heating elements and one isn't working or something like that? or is it just worn out?
also they both shut off every 10 minutes of run time, is that normal?

Old 02-10-2016, 05:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a 05 Lariat with the heated seats...they are the Cat's Pajamas! By all rights, I have used mine so much they should be worn out! I just turned 186K miles today. I use them almost every day...

I don't get any complaints from my passengers about the heat on that side. I believe there are 2 elements, one base and one back. Can't hurt to check them out to see if there is a short in either? I imagine a continuity test would let you know if there is a short?

Regards!

Old 02-25-2016, 04:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ScrewLariat
07 lariat, leather seats, the passenger side doesn't get anywhere near as hot as the drivers side, its not cold but i would definitely not call it hot, is there a two heating elements and one isn't working or something like that? or is it just worn out?
also they both shut off every 10 minutes of run time, is that normal?
I didn't think it was even 10 minutes. If I ever find the time I'd love to make it a simple ON/OFF instead of a timed switch.

Quick Reply: poor heated seat performance