2004 - 2008 F-150

2005 5,4 P2004 IMRC still problem after replace

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2015, 11:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2005 5,4 P2004 IMRC still problem after replace

Hello from Europe

I have F-150 2005 5,4 Lariat Screw. I have problem with IMRC.

I found P2004 error, so i replaced IMRC, I ordered Droman? IMRC on amazon (i think Dorman was bad choice) So, after replacing IMRC I have P2004 error again Is this Dorman IMRC ****ty ? And now order original FORD IMRC ? (91$ on Amazon) plus again gaskets

Also the problem connected with IMRC error is mpg. My 5,4 engine drink too much gasoline. I dont know how to convert on yours mpg because in europe we have Liters/100km. So the problem is that this engine should have 18l/100km on highway but it have 26l/100km its too much and i think the problem is with this IMRC. What do you guys think ? I read something somewhere about remove IMRC and leave open blades ????

Old 11-24-2015, 02:25 PM
I made test, I cleared check engine and took a ride, check engine didnt popup when i was driving below 3000rpm whem i speedup and have 3001 rpm chec engine come again and that same error p2004.

I read something about cleaning MAF sensor, ill do it tomorow.

Old 11-24-2015, 05:04 PM
glc
Received 761 Likes on 704 Posts
P2004 Ford Description

The Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) is an electrically actuated system consisting of a motorized actuator with an attaching linkage for each housing on each bank. The linkage attaches to the housing butterfly plate levers. Each IMRC housing is an aluminum casting with two intake air passages for each cylinder. One passage is always open and the other is opened and closed with a butterfly valve plate. The housing uses a return spring to hold the plates closed. The motorized actuator houses internal switches to provide feedback to the Powertrain Control Module (PCM), indicating linkage and plate position. Under about 3000 rpm the vacuum solenoid will be energized. This will allow manifold vacuum to be applied and the butterfly valve plates to stay closed. Above approximately 3000 rpm , the vacuum solenoid will be de-energized. This will allow vacuum to vent from the actuator and the butterfly valve plates to open.

The P2004 is set when the Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) is commanded closed by the Powertrain Control Module (PCM), but the IMRC indicates open.

Possible causes
- Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) monitor signal shorted to power
- Faulty Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) actuator
- Faulty Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) solenoid
- Damage Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
- Blocked vacuum hoses

Read more: http://www.engine-codes.com/p2004_fo...#ixzz3sRtyP2QG

Looks like you have some more troubleshooting to do - the code does not necessarily mean that the IMRC itself is faulty.

Old 11-25-2015, 03:04 AM
hmmm thats didnt helped me

Possible causes
- Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) monitor signal shorted to power
whats that could mean ?
- Faulty Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) actuator
Its Dorman (replacement) not original Ford part, maybe this could be the problem?
- Faulty Intake Manifold Runner Control (IMRC) solenoid
Whats this ? Where is this ?
- Damage Powertrain Control Module (PCM)
Hope not
- Blocked vacuum hoses
Wchich hoses ?

Old 11-26-2015, 04:17 AM
Tooday iv cleaned MAF sensor, cleared check engine error codes and test drive, Everythink was ok until i did not cross 3000rpm. When i cross 3000rpm check engine popup.

Old 12-02-2015, 11:28 AM
hello once again, tooday i cleared again check engine, and drive 10 miles but i didnt cross 3000 rpm. normal drive without big speed. Check engine didnt popup and i check MPG and i have 16 mpg.

tomorow i will make this same distance (10miles) but after start i will cross 3000rpm to popup check engine with P2004 error and i will drive this same distance without big speed and we will see if the MPG will change. If IMRC will stuck open the MPG shoul be less than tooday results (16MPG)

If the MPG will be the same i think IMRC works ok and its only electronic error. If not im gonna order original Ford IMRC and replace.

Old 09-26-2018, 01:49 AM
We'll what happened you didn't update

Originally Posted by kaktus27
hello once again, tooday i cleared again check engine, and drive 10 miles but i didnt cross 3000 rpm. normal drive without big speed. Check engine didnt popup and i check MPG and i have 16 mpg.

tomorow i will make this same distance (10miles) but after start i will cross 3000rpm to popup check engine with P2004 error and i will drive this same distance without big speed and we will see if the MPG will change. If IMRC will stuck open the MPG shoul be less than tooday results (16MPG)

If the MPG will be the same i think IMRC works ok and its only electronic error. If not im gonna order original Ford IMRC and replace.
We'll what happened you didn't update

Quick Reply: 2005 5,4 P2004 IMRC still problem after replace