2004 - 2008 F-150

HELP I need a pulley and Troyer disappeared.

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 02:16 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
HELP I need a pulley and Troyer disappeared.

So my Roush SC tensioner pulleys for my '05 are making the "bad bearing" sound and Troyer Performance has vanished like a fart in the wind soooooo...I need help locating 2 new pulleys. IP 118 is stamped on both of them. They are the tensioner pulleys with no grooves; smooth surface. Can I pull them and repack the bearings like wheel bearings of old? Gates 38018 Tensioner Pulley is what pops up when I search. Roush had me on hold forever and made me leave a message...nothing back yet
.Any help would be appreciated.

Old 07-08-2015, 07:00 AM
MDK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the Roush Supercharger install manual, would that help you? I had Troyer install my system as well and I stopped going to them years ago for anything cause the support was terrible. You could also give JDM Engineering a call, much more responsive and are familiar with the Roush setup for our trucks, I have a tune from them currently.

Old 07-08-2015, 09:35 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Dayco 89048 turned out to be the pulley. It has the same "IP 118" stamped on it. I got two at Advance Auto and installed them in 6 minutes since I have dual e-fans and they aren't in the way like the stock fan would be. Now I can't tell the truck is running it's so quiet. Those bearings must have been bad for years I thought it was part of the normal sound. I agree on the slow Troyer response time. It took 2 weeks and a intentional flame on this forum before I finally got a response from them. This was years ago as my truck is now 10 years old. Also I would love a copy of the manual! Do you have it in PDF?

Old 07-08-2015, 10:25 AM
MDK
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by thundertrucker
Dayco 89048 turned out to be the pulley. It has the same "IP 118" stamped on it. I got two at Advance Auto and installed them in 6 minutes since I have dual e-fans and they aren't in the way like the stock fan would be. Now I can't tell the truck is running it's so quiet. Those bearings must have been bad for years I thought it was part of the normal sound. I agree on the slow Troyer response time. It took 2 weeks and a intentional flame on this forum before I finally got a response from them. This was years ago as my truck is now 10 years old. Also I would love a copy of the manual! Do you have it in PDF?
Good to hear man. We have a similar setup it sounds like, I went to Troyer's shop back in the day when my 08 was brand new and bought all I could to put on the truck. Everything's been on there for 55K miles with very little issues besides one of the Troyer efan controllers taking a dump. The manual is in PDF form but it's 25.1MB so I uploaded it to my Google Drive. If you can't download it let me know and I can change the permissions.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8...jhMU3RZSTJSX1U

Last edited by MDK; 07-08-2015 at 10:48 AM.

Quick Reply: HELP I need a pulley and Troyer disappeared.