2004 - 2008 F-150

car starter install bypass thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2014, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
car starter install bypass thoughts

So here is the deal. I bought my truck used in 2008 and I bought a car starter at the same time. But the truck only came with one key so I was kinda hooped to install it. Its a 2004 ford f150 with the 4.6l

Anyways 6 years later I finally had two additional keys made and programmed. So now I can install my car starter. Its a "ProStart 2 way communication"

I have been doing a lot of reading regarding bypasses. The guy I had make me the keys suggested Idatalink but I dislike the fact that I have to buy an interface in order to program and flash the unit.

Then theres the xpresskit which also requires a loader interface

theres dei 555f but I cant find any installation instructions for it to see its functionality as I do not want to lose the use of any of my keys.

I don't really need much as my truck is barebones. No power locks, heated mirrors or seats. Even my 4x4 is a shifter none of that fancy push button. So there are no accessories I need either than the start and blower motor functions.

So my question is what is the cheapest most efficient method people are using to install their own car starters.

Old 12-14-2014, 09:27 PM
http://fortin.ca/en/products/flash-s...-override-all/

I use Fortin bypass almost exclusively. This one doesn't require any pre-programming. Very easy to work with. If you can't find one locally let me know I have them in stock.

Old 12-14-2014, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the advice, I purchased an xpresskit pre loaded for about 30 dollars on ebay. My car starter has the port for the xpresskit and ads. After reading and reading for awhile I found out that ads and fortin bypass are the same.

Appreciate the response

Old 12-23-2014, 01:50 PM
Ok so I figure I would tackle this today. I have a question about the install. My car starter is a pro start ct-3471 TW and I am installing it with an xpresskit PK04 bypass. I have taken apart the drivers side paneling along with the center dash and have located the wiring I need to tap into. However I can only find one 12v on the main harness a Light Green/purple wire to battery. My carstarter's schematic has two 12V to battery connections with an inline 30Amp fuse. Where is the best place to run the 2nd connection or is it necessary?

http://www.autostart.ca/asdocs/CT_34...d_en_h5xsx.pdf

Old 12-24-2014, 09:30 PM
Both to the same place.

Quick Reply: car starter install bypass thoughts