2004 - 2008 F-150

Has anyone tried the DIAMONDBIRD MOD??? throttle adjustment mod better response

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 07:20 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb Has anyone tried the DIAMONDBIRD MOD??? throttle adjustment mod better response

Basically some +04 fly-by-wire f150 gas pedals will hit the firewall, the fix is to loosen the 3 bolts and slide the bracket up. some people claim throttle will move to %70 to over %100 at WOT. shown with a decent tuners or data logger

the second part anyone can do is to resetting the throttle by turning the ignition on, waiting for chimes and lights to stop then slowly pressing pedal to floor then releasing quickly. do this at least three times. supposedly this works on any fly-by-wire vehicle even some streetbikes. it can make a nite and day difference on throttle response and WOT acceleration. note that this wont work on all f150 that are already calibrated and i believe there was a pcm update that addresses this issue.

try it!!!! and report back

Old 04-07-2014, 07:48 PM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by IntRiniTy
Basically some +04 fly-by-wire f150 gas pedals will hit the firewall, the fix is to loosen the 3 bolts and slide the bracket up. some people claim throttle will move to %70 to over %100 at WOT. shown with a decent tuners or data logger

the second part anyone can do is to resetting the throttle by turning the ignition on, waiting for chimes and lights to stop then slowly pressing pedal to floor then releasing quickly. do this at least three times. supposedly this works on any fly-by-wire vehicle even some streetbikes. it can make a nite and day difference on throttle response and WOT acceleration. note that this wont work on all f150 that are already calibrated and i believe there was a pcm update that addresses this issue.

try it!!!! and report back
Hi.

In short - it's worthless. Does not work.

And yes - discussed long ago:

https://www.f150online.com/forums/v8...hlight=placebo

If this does not convince you, then nothing will: http://articles.d-tips.com/general/a...cle.aspx?id=34

Sorry - it's a waste of time, but it is yer time to waste

MGD

Last edited by MGDfan; 04-07-2014 at 07:53 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:10 PM
wow what a placebo effect...http://www.f150forum.com/f4/throttle...71539/index16/ -38 pages of people claiming it works

i am skeptical myself

i think if your pedal is hitting and then resetting could make a difference.

Old 04-07-2014, 08:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did it and saw no difference. Something that I am curious about- I have 2 different scan tools, and both report maximum throttle position at ~77% when the pedal is held to WOT. The throttle position never goes past 77% under any condition. I haven't physically verified where the throttle plates are. I need to get one of my kids to hold the gas pedal down while I look in the TB one of these days...

Old 04-07-2014, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by IntRiniTy
wow what a placebo effect...http://www.f150forum.com/f4/throttle...71539/index16/ -38 pages of people claiming it works

i am skeptical myself

i think if your pedal is hitting and then resetting could make a difference.
^^^ Explain. Hitting what? There is NO cable.

Again - the design precludes the possibility of this ever working. Most folks do not understand the design, or even the concept of adaptive software. Hence .....

38 people .... None with actual data. Just a butt-dyno. Wow.

I can always try to find another unsuspecting neighbour or Millennial to fool, but it would just cost me more beer....

MGD out.

Last edited by MGDfan; 04-07-2014 at 09:41 PM. Reason: spellin'
Old 04-07-2014, 10:05 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MGDfan

Again - the design precludes the possibility of this ever working. Most folks do not understand the design, or even the concept of adaptive software. Hence .....

I can always try to find another unsuspecting neighbour or Millennial to fool, but it would just cost me more beer....

MGD out.
Hey now, not all of us Millennial's are gullible enough to believe that!

Old 04-07-2014, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by ole97
Hey now, not all of us Millennial's are gullible enough to believe that!

There are, I'll admit, exceptions. So - you and 'theLariat02'. That's the only two I know of.

MGD

Last edited by MGDfan; 04-07-2014 at 10:16 PM.

Trending Topics

Old 04-07-2014, 10:29 PM

There are, I'll admit, exceptions. So - you and 'theLariat02'. That's the only two I know of.

MGD
Hey thanks

Old 04-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Arrow

MGD out.
Im going off what i read, but the pedal/bracket hits the firewall leaving more pedal motion in the electronic tps system. i have yet to check mine and i have not done the reset yet.

adaptive software....no needa!!! none of the" Pros" i could give a crap about. all i know is there is a delay in throttle response and something that limits power called torque management. give that crap to the birds and yuppies!!!

the best is when people claim the tps reset works on the pre 04's with a cable....

i am curious on what a tuner has to say about non 100% WOT readings.

Old 04-08-2014, 08:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MGD
Uh I didn't believe this would do anything . . .

Old 04-08-2014, 08:27 PM
here is original post..."I got mine to 108%. Wide open throttle started being displayed at around 89% and I still had throttle left. On the floor, the pid reads 108%.
I took the assembly out to try the mustang mod, saw that it's a different system on the F150, so had to put it back in after doing nothing. But when I went to reinstall, I saw that the 2 bottom mounting holes are oblonged just a little. I put in the top bolt, and I held the the bottom of the pedal assembly as far forward as possible,and tightened the bottom bolts. turned the key on, waited for the lights and did the reset. Like I said it went from a top reading of 87% to 108%, and the difference from a dead stop take off now is amazing."

Old 04-08-2014, 09:08 PM
Just my 2 cents.. Went out and checked my throttle position. 100% at WOT 0% when off throttle. This is without the "diamond mod"

Quick Reply: Has anyone tried the DIAMONDBIRD MOD??? throttle adjustment mod better response