2004 - 2008 F-150

Crazy Thing Happened This Morning

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2014, 07:45 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Crazy Thing Happened This Morning

OK, So I am driving on the highway and it seems mostly clear although we got a decent amount of snow yesterday and it's 9 degrees here this morning. I'm thinking it's windy out for some reason because the my truck (2006 5.4 SC) is all over the road. All the sudden the rear end come around and I tried everything save it but I'm all over the place. Spin around and around, backwards...seemed to go on forever.
Finally I am nose first into a ditch and the truck stall, I guess. I heard the battery chime and it just died. I cranked it for a second and it didn't start, then again and it seemed totally fine. I popped it into 4x4 and was able to back out of the ditch and I was back on my way to work.
Now, I was frantically trying to correct the rear end of the truck and I noticed I took a chunk out of one of my fingernails when I got into work and I'm thinking it's possible I bumped the column shift into reverse or something that caused the truck to stall. I'm thinking this is a safety think that will kill the truck if you bump it onto reverse when traveling forwards. Not totally sure though.

Old 03-13-2014, 07:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I was a kid I let a retarted buddy drive a 5.0 slow I had with an auto. He was trying to rev the engine while in natural but threw it into reverse. Stalled the engine threw it back into park and she fired right back up.

Quick Reply: Crazy Thing Happened This Morning