2004 - 2008 F-150

Unplugging the CPS

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 02:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unplugging the CPS

Just a quick question I have a friend that suggested something to me and was going to see what you guys thought but let me explai my problem, which consist of truck running great till my truck gets warm to operating temperature, then when I start slowing down to get off a exit ramp or come to a red light my truck starts running really rough and wants to die unless i put it in neutral and rev my engine and it will go away till I put it back in drive and push the gas pedal, now about a month ago i had my cam phasers, timing chains, timing guards, the whole works redone and new one's put in and the noise is gone and truck has more power then ever but no matter what i do i keep getting a P0430 code, i tried new sensors but to no avail
Anyways my friend of mine suggested I unplug my CPS plugs and see if it works by driving it for a day, now if I do this, could anything bad happen? Any cautions I should do? Suggestions? Should i not go over a certain rpm or anything or not do it at all? I have heard of people doing it but not sure if there are things i should not do like get over a certain rpm or anything

Old 03-06-2014, 03:09 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
What year and engine?

P0430 is a cat low efficiency code, driver's side. You may have a clogged cat, that will cause drivability issues and engine damage if not fixed.

Old 03-06-2014, 03:22 PM
I am so sorry I meant P0340! Not 430 I am sorry about that, but it is a 2006 F150,

Old 03-08-2014, 03:43 AM
Regardless, I unplugged them and it runs much smoother, it makes no weird noise now! But that narrows it down for me that the problem with my truck running weird when it gets hot ( just replaced the timing chains, cam phasers, tensioners, and guides and the works about a month ago) to a cmp sensor or possibly VCT solenoid, is it possibly for the vct to be bad and not make the ticking/diesel noise that is associated with the vct and cam problem? Because only time my truck makes the noise is when it warms up and i come up to a red light at low rpms, but rev it up and it goes away

Old 07-27-2014, 10:03 AM
WFO
Exact same problem here. Did you ever find a fix?

Quick Reply: Unplugging the CPS