2004 - 2008 F-150

Looking for tires that fit

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2014, 08:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looking for tires that fit

Hey guys,
I apologize if this is a repeated subject. I've done a lot of hunting, but cant find exactly what Im looking for. I recently installed Bilstein 5100s all the way around my 08 FX4.

I placed the fronts at the 2" setting. Now, I'm looking for the largest tire I can run on my stock 18" wheels without having any rubbing or needing to trim. I got some pocket style fender flares, so I would like something wide enough to fill em up.

From what I've read, it sounds like the 295/70s would be a safe option, but I also don't want to leave any meat out there on the table.

Any suggestions or pics would be greatly appreciated.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:26 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
295/70-18 Nitto Trail Grapplers man. Have a look and a read.

https://www.f150online.com/forums/wh...grapplers.html

Old 01-12-2014, 03:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Darren that does look good. Exactly what I'm looking for. Have you experienced any rubbing, extreme road noise or dramatic loss of MPG? Just cautious since the majority of my driving is highway. Thanks for the input

Old 01-12-2014, 08:56 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by waller71
Darren that does look good. Exactly what I'm looking for. Have you experienced any rubbing, extreme road noise or dramatic loss of MPG? Just cautious since the majority of my driving is highway. Thanks for the input
That wasn't my truck, post was from 2010. But he states that was his size and they did not rub with Bilsteins.

My size tires on my truck ended up rubbing with 2" of level but my Rancho springs are very flex-allowing possibly being the fault. They are very calm for a mud terrain tire, noise is not an issue at all. I probably lost 1mpg over my old 33" Toyo M/Ts, which dropped me originally 1mpg due to weight & drag.

Quick Reply: Looking for tires that fit