2004 - 2008 F-150

At 99,580 I finally got my plugs changed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
At 99,580 I finally got my plugs changed!

I went back and forth with tackling this myself, but after my mechanic quoted me $240 for the job I decided to let him do it. I ran seafoam in my gas starting two weeks before I brought it to him and he still had four plugs break. I wonder if I didn't use the seafoam if any more would've broke. Total job took him 6 hours, luckily he only charged me for 4. I'm real happy that I had him do it, makes things so much easier. It definitely helps when your mechanic is a friend of yours and he's happy with the work you've done for him, LOL! What a difference in power, idle, and more than likely gas mileage. While he was at it I had him change the fuel filter also....it's been close enough to 15,000 miles since I changed it the last time so it was definitely due. I also did some more mods to the exterior and if it ever stops raining I'll get some pics and post 'em up!

Old 06-07-2013, 09:46 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Sorry but has been stated on here many times, Seafoam does nothin for cleaning the plugs. A couple of cans of Techron does the trick.

Old 06-07-2013, 09:51 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Sorry but has been stated on here many times, Seafoam does nothin for cleaning the plugs. A couple of cans of Techron does the trick.
Damn internet rumors, LOL! I should've done more research but I was told Seafoam so that's what I went with, live & learn!

Old 06-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Well, it's behind you now and you can test easy with no more worries.

Old 06-07-2013, 10:24 PM
Originally Posted by Bluejay
Well, it's behind you now and you can test easy with no more worries.
Oh yeah....and by you posting that hopefully more people will learn that they should use the Techron. Good info for sure!

Old 06-12-2013, 10:26 AM
My dealer ran "something" into the intake manifold the night before they did the plug change on my truck. It was probably their usual carbon cleanout chemical. All plugs came out without any breaking and they did it for about the same money (~$250). The plugs had about 30K less miles on them it has to be said but the service writer said that they pretty much have plug changes down to a science.
Karl

Quick Reply: At 99,580 I finally got my plugs changed!