2004 - 2008 F-150

Tactical Armor Group front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dbhost
Do you have any profile photos with that bumper? All I see is front on, and front 3/4 views, but you never see how it changes the view from the side...
I'll second that

Old 06-14-2013, 04:59 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pockets
I'll second that
I'll grab one this weekend. Just moved and don't have internet at the new house yet...

Old 06-20-2013, 05:30 PM
Finally got internet!

Name:  IMG_2738_zpsae6bbe6c.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  61.9 KB

Name:  IMG_2737_zps82f94c1e.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  82.2 KB

Name:  IMG_2739_zpsaa34974c.jpg
Views: 352
Size:  57.0 KB

Old 06-20-2013, 06:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like the profile... Sharp... Now it's time to do something about the chrome real bumper...

Old 06-20-2013, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by jdruzik
I like the profile... Sharp... Now it's time to do something about the chrome real bumper...
When I took it back by the powder coater to show him, he said the exact same thing. The plan was to eventually get the rear bumper from Tactical at a later point, but after all that happened, I'll pursue other options I guess...

Old 07-29-2013, 02:54 PM
So are you still happy with the bumper?

I am on my 13th week now and they are nothing but headaches, it's like they are avoiding getting it shipped out. I was even ready to arrange the shipping myself today but they said they just couldn't get it ready in time. Unreal

DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!

Old 07-29-2013, 03:56 PM
Looks good, although I am not a fan of those type of bumpers without some sort of lift and bigger tires. My buddy did similar type bumpers on his Chevy...looked ehh with small tires and no lift. Once he put a lift and big tires on it was so sick

Old 07-29-2013, 04:36 PM
Love the bumper...Good things come to those who wait.
Speaking of waiting, Pockets - what are your plans for color of the bumper once you get it installed?

Old 07-29-2013, 05:08 PM
Originally Posted by miseroth
Love the bumper...Good things come to those who wait.
Speaking of waiting, Pockets - what are your plans for color of the bumper once you get it installed?
Waiting is an understatement

I'm going to leave it black for a while and see how it looks .... I think the white looks good but I rekon painting mine bright red will just be too much red

So black with the silver shackles and maybe just slap a fairleader on there for the additional silver looks

Old 07-31-2013, 03:51 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Finally noticed your profile pics. It looks pretty good. I must admit though. I have seem more than enough threads from customers having delivery problems from them, combined with the fact that you have to cut / weld the frame of the truck to mount this, I am pretty leery of this bumper at this point... Kind of wish they would get their act together and redesign the mount so that it can be a direct bolt in, and get their build / shipment act together...

On the rear bumper issue. If you have any inkling to do it, you can take it off, strip it down using a flap wheel to get rid of the chrome, and paint that bumper white while you wait to figure out what you want to do with it... I figure once I get a heavy duty front bumper on my truck that is probably what I will want to do... I may have to have a rear bumper custom made, nobody makes a bumper like I am thinking of...

#1. Heavy duty bumper
#2. Winch mount for a rear pull winch.
#3. Buckets for off road lights wired to the reverse light circuit. (Need MUCH more light when backing up off road with a bed full of camping gear!)
#4. Does NOT interfere with existing hitch. This may negate #2. Would prefer not to.
#5. Swing away type spare tire mount sized to handle 35x12.50/17 on my 17x9 rims. Not body work mounted like the ones on Broncos used to be, but mounted to the frame via the bumper. Abuse tolerant...
#6. Integrated backup camera / sensor holes.
#7. Proper mount for license plate and light.
#8. Recessed, non slip integrated step.

Last edited by dbhost; 07-31-2013 at 03:59 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:29 PM
Dang Brian, that thing looks good!

Shoulda given me a holler. I know many people in many useful occupations.
I know welders, gun smiths, machinists, mechanics, etc. When you feel like getting a matching rear bumper, I'll pass along a buddy's contact info.

If you are still in Austin give me a holler. I'm in Dripping Springs now and constantly go out to Lake Austin in my hot rod canoe.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:20 PM
Thanks! It's actually not too bad considering its made of 3/16" and 1/4" steel. I was able to move it by myself around the garage, it was just awkward because of its shape. Its a breeze with 2 people. The shipped weight was 180 lbs, which included the wooden frame it was on (~10 lbs).

Sheesh! That's about the weight of the fiberglass cap on my bed! Looks good though!

Old 07-31-2013, 10:39 PM

I need to stop looking at other people's cool stuff . . . Especially one white ones that are like mine! So much to spend money on! Still looks badass though. I think 180 pounds is pretty light for what it is. I also haven't seen any heavy duty bumpers that I'm completely in love with. A direct bolt on is a must

Old 08-06-2013, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by Pockets
So are you still happy with the bumper?

I am on my 13th week now and they are nothing but headaches, it's like they are avoiding getting it shipped out. I was even ready to arrange the shipping myself today but they said they just couldn't get it ready in time. Unreal

DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!
Still mad how long it took but I love the bumper itself. I still love the look (just need a lift kit and bigger tires now!) and its been holding up well. Only issue I've had is because I had to take it to an exhaust shop to get the pre-runner bar welded on, it wasn't the best welding job. So when they powdercoated it, there were some small pockets they couldn't get in, so its started to have some rust staining seep out.

Originally Posted by Longshot270
Dang Brian, that thing looks good!

Shoulda given me a holler. I know many people in many useful occupations.
I know welders, gun smiths, machinists, mechanics, etc. When you feel like getting a matching rear bumper, I'll pass along a buddy's contact info.

If you are still in Austin give me a holler. I'm in Dripping Springs now and constantly go out to Lake Austin in my hot rod canoe.
Thanks! Haha, I may have to do that. I'll let you know.

I actually just moved to Floresville at the end of June though. Finished up college and started my job south of San Antonio. I'll be back in Austin a bunch of weekends though for football games.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:07 PM
Originally Posted by KMAC0694
I need to stop looking at other people's cool stuff . . . Especially one white ones that are like mine! So much to spend money on! Still looks badass though. I think 180 pounds is pretty light for what it is. I also haven't seen any heavy duty bumpers that I'm completely in love with. A direct bolt on is a must
This site is to blame for sooooo much money I've spent over the past 4 years.

Quick Reply: Tactical Armor Group front bumper