2004 - 2008 F-150

Map and Dome Lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2013, 07:49 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Map and Dome Lights

Ok..first off, I am digging up an and old familiar issue..so here it goes...for about a year or so I have had no.."automatic" dome lights,map or cargo..the map and dome both still work manually via the switch..the cargo light..not sure...I did originally swap them out to LED..they worked fine, until whatever caused them to cease...nada, nilch..until last night..got in..and low and behold...the map lights were on..oh so faintly..I said dam! as I smacked the dash...and they flickered..just flickered..didnt brighten or dim..when I turned key they went out..I cant turn on lights at headlight switch either...when I do open doors the only light that comes on is my odometer light..thats it...any ideas...I am going to first double check the purple splice in door sill...again...then take dash bezel of and see if something is loose..

Old 03-28-2013, 03:38 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Did you buy good quality LEDs? I have full LED replacement bulbs and have zero issues.

Old 03-28-2013, 06:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yah...checked the wire loom..no splice on this truck...on drivers side anyways..took instrument cluster bezel off ...checked connectors...seemed to be attached fine...even put incandescent bulbs back in...still nothing...thinking BCM?

Quick Reply: Map and Dome Lights