2004 - 2008 F-150

Hoorah for Vaseline!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 08:02 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hoorah for Vaseline!!

For the past week I have had the "rear seat/window" squeak...I read a post about the window track, the tailgate bolts...and found one that said wipe some white lithium grease on the underside the outside bottom window seal..it rubs against the cab...i couldn`t find my grease but did find some Vaseline in my garage..why? not sure that's a mystery..but smeared it on with my finger..pushing it up under window seal...and now no more squeak squeak!!

Old 03-16-2013, 08:14 PM
Received 45 Likes on 44 Posts

Are you talking about lifting the lip of the window seal and rubbing it on so it's between the lip and paint? I hadn't heard that one yet.

I have a small tubb like container of Vaseline in one of my roll around tool box's top trays, it's been there probably 10 years, and it's still good .... just make sure lid is on good. I use it to lube rubber O-rings, hold parts in place sometimes, eliminate squeaks sometimes ..... it works.

I use real grease for seal lips, carb gaskets, etc.

Last edited by tbear853; 03-16-2013 at 08:19 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The seal is quite tight...especially today being only -4 Celsius...I just kept packing it in best I could with my finger..almost as if I was tooling caulking ..when it warms up I will fashion up something to lift window seal and put a liberal amount under there...

Quick Reply: Hoorah for Vaseline!!