2004 - 2008 F-150

Weird Problem - Always Wet Under Driver's Side Floor Mat

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 11:57 AM
Big
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Weird Problem - Always Wet Under Driver's Side Floor Mat

Previously I posted about the sloshing water sounds heard within the "doors" when it was raining for days on end. Eventually I found the drain plug and cleared all that out. Now, it hasn't rained in while, and I still have moisture under the mat. If I remove the mat for a day or two, it dries off.

I'm thinking when I direct the heater to the floor it's condensation? But it's not happening on the passenger's side.

Anyone else experience this?

Thanks,

Old 03-15-2013, 12:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure if this helps but I have a 2006 and had the following issue. It is for Passenger side wet floor, but maybe it applies? Probably not...

PASSENGER FRONT FLOOR WATER LEAK—A/C TSB 07-13-5
CONDENSATION LEAKING
FORD: LINCOLN:
2004-2006 F-150 2006 Mark LT

ISSUE
Some 2004-2006 F-150 and 2006 Mark LT vehicles
may exhibit water leaking back into the cab and on
to the passenger floor from the A/C plenum drain
tube area.
ACTION
Refer to the following Service Procedure to
determine if the water leak is from the air
conditioning drain tube.
SERVICE PROCEDURE
1. Verify that the water leak is from the heating
ventilation air conditioning (HVAC) case drain
seal and not from another source. Pull back the
carpet on the passenger floorboard and feel the
HVAC drain tube seal for water (Figure 1A-1B)
The concern may be verified easier with the
front of the vehicle slightly elevated.
a. If there are signs of water or moisture at the
drain tube seal, continue on with the TSB.
b. If there are no signs of water or moisture,
follow normal diagnosis and repair
procedures.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:07 AM
i had a wet carpet under matt on drivers side a few times. It was the third break light housing that was leaking. Run a bead of silicone around the gasket of your light and make sure it is sealed good.

Old 06-06-2013, 07:18 AM
My issue was not the 3rd brake light. the slider was leaking water in but not the only contributor. I am now tracing water that is making it's way behind the panel of the parking break leaver. Any thoughts?

Old 08-02-2013, 11:43 AM
I have a F150 2002 Supercrew 4.6 liter V8 Titan - and i've never had a leak until last week - 200K miles last week too so maybe it's a sign? I live in rural area and was driving around sharp curves when about a cup of water came pouring out from behind the black plastic cover that goes over the transmission hump and it flowed down into my driver's side husky mat. It was extremely hot and I had been running the AC and driving for over an hour. it has happened several times since then although not quite as much water and my floor mats on both sides are getting wet from it - depends on which way the curves throw the water I guess whenever the problem is full of water. I've read a lot of posts about drain plugs and firewall holes and firewall wiring harness sealing etc. I did turnon my heater and it works fine and the water is clear and doesnt' smell bad at all so I don't think it's heater core water. It only happens when 'i've been running the AC long enough to build up condensation so i'm hoping its the aC plug issue. Can someone post some instructions on how to get the black plastic cover off without breaking anything and some pictures of where the AC condensation is supposed to drain out so i can try some bleach or a snake or something to clear the drain? Or I've also seen comments about getting to the drain from the firewall - if so, where is it on the firewall and how do I unplug it? Yes, dumb blonde her and also old and fat so I can't crawl under the truck well, and short so I'll be on a ladder if I have to get into the hood area - and I'm a veteran with knees that don't like physical labor - so pictures and specific instructions that help make the job quicker are SO APPRECIATED! I love this website - last week I fixed my overhead console that has been out for a year by following someone's pictures on how to take it apart and solder the loose chips on the computer board - never would have figured that out without this site.

Old 08-02-2013, 11:50 AM
Originally Posted by enggass
Not sure if this helps but I have a 2006 and had the following issue. It is for Passenger side wet floor, but maybe it applies? Probably not...

PASSENGER FRONT FLOOR WATER LEAK—A/C TSB 07-13-5
CONDENSATION LEAKING
FORD: LINCOLN:
2004-2006 F-150 2006 Mark LT

ISSUE
Some 2004-2006 F-150 and 2006 Mark LT vehicles
may exhibit water leaking back into the cab and on
to the passenger floor from the A/C plenum drain
tube area.
ACTION
Refer to the following Service Procedure to
determine if the water leak is from the air
conditioning drain tube.
SERVICE PROCEDURE
1. Verify that the water leak is from the heating
ventilation air conditioning (HVAC) case drain
seal and not from another source. Pull back the
carpet on the passenger floorboard and feel the
HVAC drain tube seal for water (Figure 1A-1B)
The concern may be verified easier with the
front of the vehicle slightly elevated.
a. If there are signs of water or moisture at the
drain tube seal, continue on with the TSB.
b. If there are no signs of water or moisture,
follow normal diagnosis and repair
procedures.
I might need to go see the dealer on this one. I have water on the passenger side floor under the trim.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:50 AM
my issue has been solved. I found that the gasket/seal around the slider on my back window was allowing water to come inside and the water traveled along the window, down the drivers side panel and into a channel that contained wiring. this channel was under the doors on the passenger side. the water would continue to the front of the cab and overflow soaking the carpet on the drivers side. I purchased the kit (seal/gasket) from Ford Parts. Ford had to order it from the window manufacturer, they do not keep in stock. This part cost $100. I had a professional install it for me for $100. The professional left a small gap in the corner which allow water to enter the cab so I shot a small amount of silicone in the gap and i have been dry for a month or two.

Quick Reply: Weird Problem - Always Wet Under Driver's Side Floor Mat