2004 - 2008 F-150

What to get?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2013, 11:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What to get?

So I ran into a few bucks to put into my truck (long story) and I have a few options on what I want to do. First thing is to get both the front and rear bumpers linex'd. Theres no question about that. Now I have to decide if I want to get the bed Linx'd, a tonneau cover (Truxedo Deuce 2) or get a programmer (Diablo InTune probably). Right now I'm leaning towards the programmer, I think I'll the most bang for my buck with that option. What would you guys do first?

Old 03-01-2013, 08:42 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
If you're doing the bumpers, you might as well do the bed as well.

Old 03-01-2013, 09:44 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Bumpers plus the bed....

Old 03-01-2013, 12:33 PM
I'm getting my bed Line-X'd in the next 2 months. My rear bumper is starting to rust bad (painted FX4), and I myself was wondering how a Line-X'd bumper would look. How do you think it would look if I just did the rear bumper and not the front bumper or rocker panels? My truck is blue with the gray undertone. By just doing the rear bumper I was thinking "party in the front, and business in the back."

I've got to do something because I hate rust. If I just get it repainted I know that I'm going to be doing it again in a few years, and that is money down the drain because I live in Wisconsin. I also use it like a truck, so the durability of the Line-X appeals to me. Is the Line-X XTRA glossy? And can they match it to the paint on the truck?

Old 03-01-2013, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by 08FX4SC
I'm getting my bed Line-X'd in the next 2 months. My rear bumper is starting to rust bad (painted FX4), and I myself was wondering how a Line-X'd bumper would look. How do you think it would look if I just did the rear bumper and not the front bumper or rocker panels? My truck is blue with the gray undertone. By just doing the rear bumper I was thinking "party in the front, and business in the back."

I've got to do something because I hate rust. If I just get it repainted I know that I'm going to be doing it again in a few years, and that is money down the drain because I live in Wisconsin. I also use it like a truck, so the durability of the Line-X appeals to me. Is the Line-X XTRA glossy? And can they match it to the paint on the truck?
To make a longer story short, I got rear ended by a drunk driver and it basically just scratched my bumper. The front bumper has some rust on it so I'll get both done. I also love in Wisconsin so I know what you mean. I think it might not look too bad with just the back bumper linx'd, there is enough going on on the front end to kind of mask the difference Imo. I believe the XTRA can be color matched but I'm not sure how glossy it is. I had the premium on my old truck.

Old 03-02-2013, 05:03 PM
So I was leaning towards the programmer but now I'm strongly considering an exhaust system. Either the Magnaflow 16520 or Borla 140137. Probably the Borla since its only about $80 more.