2004 - 2008 F-150

Passenger window wont go back up?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2013, 07:48 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passenger window wont go back up?

Passenger window went down but wouldnt go up about a month ago. After fooling with it for a while. The drivers door switch drove it back up. Its been winter so I hadnt tried in in a while. Son opened window the window today and it wont go up again. This time nothing helped. Went to advanced auto they put drivers door switch in and it still didnt work. Took passengers switch out and put it in rear door and it works. Thought i had bad window motor. replaced it still doesnt work. Put 12vdc from battery right on motor and up it goes and down it goes . Put meter on door screw(neg) and pos on pin at motor connector pushed button and it reads 12vdc tried other pin and it reads 12vdc. Looks like Im missing neg from WHERE EVER IT COMES FROM? Does that make sense? I guess one pin is the ground and one positive depending on which way motor is driving and which way switch is pushed but where does this happen from? There is 5 wires on passenger switch. where is the pos and neg fed from. ALL other windows work normally. Power roof and rear slider work also? ANY HELP WOULD BE GREAT!

Old 02-25-2013, 07:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possible broken wire the most common place they break is behind the rubber tubing in the front part of the drivers door,look for the color of wire indicated in the wiring diagram.

Quick Reply: Passenger window wont go back up?