2004 - 2008 F-150

passenger seat stuck

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2012, 08:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
passenger seat stuck

During a road trip last week my passenger seat got stuck some how. It will not move forward or back on the seat track. The lever under the seat seems to be working fine, I looked under the seat as I pulled it up and down and you can see its working. Anyone got any tips to get it unstuck without pulling the seat or spending money. I thought there might be a rock or something stuck but cant see anything.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:38 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wd40?

Old 04-30-2012, 04:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by lowblueranger
During a road trip last week my passenger seat got stuck some how. It will not move forward or back on the seat track. The lever under the seat seems to be working fine, I looked under the seat as I pulled it up and down and you can see its working. Anyone got any tips to get it unstuck without pulling the seat or spending money. I thought there might be a rock or something stuck but cant see anything.
The tracks normally move on large rollers (straight about 1/2- 3/4 wide and maybe 5/8- 3/4 in dia. and sometimes those rollers get stuck or something gets down in the track and jams 'em. If you can look up under the seat from the front to see that the release mechanism IS ACTUALLY releasing completely, properly, the best thing to do would be take the 4 mount bolts out and tip it back to see better just what is jamming it. Sometimes sitting in the seat and with the release pulled, a "He-man's" attempt to move the seat will get it unstuck. I've had hundreds of them out and seen all kinds of problems over the years.

Quick Reply: passenger seat stuck