2004 - 2008 F-150

Exhaust Pipeing and Muffler

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 06:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Exhaust Pipeing and Muffler

Im going to be taking my truck to a shop soon to get new exhaust system. So what im woundering is what muffler has the best deep agressive sound as well as the way its piped. Thanks.

Old 02-26-2012, 09:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Everyone's going to have a different opinion on what mufflers sound good. I've always preferred a true dual setup, but if you're going that route you should definitely look into a good quality X pipe for it. I have a 4.6 so I can't really give you a good reference for mufflers on a 5.4, but my magnaflows are too quiet for me on my truck

Old 02-27-2012, 09:04 AM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Magnaflows have the best sound, imo. You can choose from several different lengths in order to get the volume you want. I prefer the 18" models myself, but if you want to annoy your neighbors they make an 11" or 14" model, too. I think the 18" is perfect, just loud enough to hear the rumble at idle and on start/up, will give a mean growl when you drop the hammer, and remains all but inaudible while cruising down the road. Stay away from Flowmaster crap unless you like in-cab drone.

Roush - rebadged Magnaflow
Borla -good mellow sound, usually too quiet for most people
Banks - have heard they're okay, but never heard one on a 5.4L

Quick Reply: Exhaust Pipeing and Muffler