2004 - 2008 F-150

WTF Happened?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WTF Happened?

Well the time has come, Time for a new vehicle and well, I am surprised at the F-150 prices. There are 2006s with more miles then mine going for $1ks more then I bought mine for in 2008 with 24k miles. WTF happened? I was hoping to pick up an 09-10 Screw but my good ness they are near $30k around me with decent mileage. And then the trade value on my truck constantly goes down but the 2006s are selling for more and more. I guess I will have to sell my truck privately. which is but a small pain in the butt I guess. I don't look forward to selling my truck. It's never let me down. But I don't have much choice at this time. Oh Yeah, Reason: Child #2 on the way. Can't fit two car seats in an Xcab and first kid is outgroing the backseat now.

Old 02-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Originally Posted by 1st4x4
Well the time has come, Time for a new vehicle and well, I am surprised at the F-150 prices. There are 2006s with more miles then mine going for $1ks more then I bought mine for in 2008 with 24k miles. WTF happened? I was hoping to pick up an 09-10 Screw but my good ness they are near $30k around me with decent mileage. And then the trade value on my truck constantly goes down but the 2006s are selling for more and more. I guess I will have to sell my truck privately. which is but a small pain in the butt I guess. I don't look forward to selling my truck. It's never let me down. But I don't have much choice at this time. Oh Yeah, Reason: Child #2 on the way. Can't fit two car seats in an Xcab and first kid is outgroing the backseat now.
used vehicle prices suck right now period. rates on new vs used vehicles too far off. who wants an 06 with 8 percent financing on used when you can get new vehicle for 0% or 1.9% and have near same payment.

as far as xcab and children, i agree. i decided long time ago, ANY truck i ever have from here on will have both 4x4 and crew cab. love my screw.

Old 02-26-2012, 01:41 PM
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Yup, the financing is the major player in the game. No point in paying for an '06 when a 2011 can be had for the same car payment and another 10K on the loan note.

Old 02-26-2012, 07:51 PM
I bought my '07 Lariat Crew about a month ago. I looked at trucks for a solid four months to find just the perfect one and I swore I could watch the prices go up daily. New trucks (like everything else) are just going up in price and more people are buying used. For the financing, go through a local credit union. I got mine for just 3.09%.
I was only wanting to spend $18k on a truck and many I looked at that where around 60k miles were '04 and '05 models. The ONLY way to get in a lower price range is to get a truck with over 100k miles. I finally found the perfect truck I was looking for (color, options, etc) for $22,900 on ebay, and it was about 150 miles away. He was desparate to sell and I talked him down to $20k. It has 61k miles on it and I couldn't be happier.

Old 02-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
If you're not in a hurry, I'd wait until this summer just to see what happens. If gas prices go to $5.00 per gallon as some are predicting, expect the prices of everything but the Ecoboost trucks to drop like a rock! You may snag yourself a good deal when everyone is panicing and trying to trade their F-150 in on a Fiesta.....

Quick Reply: WTF Happened?