2004 - 2008 F-150

2006 F150 air bag light

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 12:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2006 F150 air bag light

Just walked out to my F150 and it will not start. The airbag light is flashing and there is a constant clicking sound. The key turns but nothing happens and I cannot get the gear selector out of park. When I turn the headlight selector to parking lights the airbag light goes out and the clicking stops but it will not start. Is this just a dead battery or do I have another issue?

Old 09-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Have you tried jump starting it?

Old 09-11-2011, 08:40 PM
That airbag light may be related to the recall! Your airbag may pop out while your driving! Call dealer immediately and run your VIN!

Old 09-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Sounds like a low voltage battery concern. All of the conditions you've described can be caused by low voltage. Try jump starting and see if that squares it away. If so replace battery and keep on trucking.

Originally Posted by avfrog
That airbag light may be related to the recall! Your airbag may pop out while your driving! Call dealer immediately and run your VIN!
I seriously doubt that, that recall is for the clock spring harness chaffing and causing the harness to ground out. Yes if the truck has the recall surely get it done, but it wont cause a no start concern.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:06 PM
Originally Posted by avfrog
It takes quite a lot of input to the airbag system computer to set off the airbags. Various sensors need to all confirm that the truck is indeed in a wreck. Input from one sensor won't trip the bags to go off.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by 281cammer
Sounds like a low voltage battery concern. All of the conditions you've described can be caused by low voltage. Try jump starting and see if that squares it away. If so replace battery and keep on trucking.

I seriously doubt that, that recall is for the clock spring harness chaffing and causing the harness to ground out. Yes if the truck has the recall surely get it done, but it wont cause a no start concern.
Originally Posted by NoLongerJeepin
It takes quite a lot of input to the airbag system computer to set off the airbags. Various sensors need to all confirm that the truck is indeed in a wreck. Input from one sensor won't trip the bags to go off.

Ah... Well that is what my recall paper work and my dealer told me. Not worth finding out the hard way if you ask me!

Old 05-23-2021, 12:29 PM
Same issue

Originally Posted by neilm2534
Just walked out to my F150 and it will not start. The airbag light is flashing and there is a constant clicking sound. The key turns but nothing happens and I cannot get the gear selector out of park. When I turn the headlight selector to parking lights the airbag light goes out and the clicking stops but it will not start. Is this just a dead battery or do I have another issue?
I'm having the exact same issues you described, even the putting the headlight switch to parking light to stop the clicking. We're you ever able to figure it out?

Old 05-23-2021, 01:33 PM
Received 104 Likes on 97 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Ladd
I'm having the exact same issues you described, even the putting the headlight switch to parking light to stop the clicking. We're you ever able to figure it out?
You, know, that was ten years ago....

Old 05-23-2021, 04:37 PM
glc
Received 763 Likes on 706 Posts
Not only that, this member never made another post.

Quick Reply: 2006 F150 air bag light