2004 - 2008 F-150

GoPro video test

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GA4x4Screw
How exactly does this mount to your truck?
Does it come off easy and clean?

And how much did one of these cameras run?

Your videos have inspired me to get one
There are two ways to mount it; with a suction cup (which is what I have been using) and with mounts that have a 3M adhesive. The suction cup comes off easily and clean. I have not used the 3M ones yet but I know they wouldn't be reusable like the cup and will probably take a little strength and googone to get them off.

The camera is $300 for the motorsports version. My girl actually got it for me cause its all I would talk about and I think it came close to $400 after tax and shipping. Best buy has them too but not the actually motorsports version (basically a kit) so you would have to buy the extras separate but best buy has most of that too.

Check out the goPro facebook page, they've got some pretty cool vids on there.

Old 08-18-2011, 11:28 PM
Originally Posted by WhiteRoush3
The camera is $300 for the motorsports version. My girl actually got it for me cause its all I would talk about and I think it came close to $400 after tax and shipping. Best buy has them too but not the actually motorsports version (basically a kit) so you would have to buy the extras separate but best buy has most of that too.

Ebay has them for cheap.
If this kit includes everything you got with yours, I'm not hesitating to buy this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GOPRO-HD...item35b404dec5

Old 08-18-2011, 11:43 PM
Originally Posted by GA4x4Screw

Ebay has them for cheap.
If this kit includes everything you got with yours, I'm not hesitating to buy this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GOPRO-HD...item35b404dec5

looks like everything i got in mine, and the seller has a really high rating with a lot of products sold already...looks good to me

Old 08-19-2011, 12:55 AM
That suction cup will hold up to 150mph. It is secure.

I always run the solid back on the case to eliminate wind noise. Are you using the solid case or the slotted back cover?

Old 08-19-2011, 01:08 AM
Originally Posted by Gogators93
That suction cup will hold up to 150mph. It is secure.

I always run the solid back on the case to eliminate wind noise. Are you using the solid case or the slotted back cover?
I have been using the slotted because I've been trying to hear my exhaust. Also it recommended the slotted back up to 100 miles an hour and them the closed for over 100. I'll have to play around with both. I'm sure you have Gator!

Old 08-19-2011, 11:54 AM
Just curious because the sound on yours is very good so that is working out for you really well.

Old 08-19-2011, 12:02 PM
I love my GoPro.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFwhbgzMK3s

Thats with the open back. I've done it with the close done, and still get slight wind noise, or it my be just rattling in the case. im still working on figuring it out. i'm workin on gettin a second one for the heck of it lol

Old 08-19-2011, 01:42 PM
Originally Posted by Gogators93
Just curious because the sound on yours is very good so that is working out for you really well.
Hopefully it stays that way. Sometimes it's hard to hear how well it sounds on my lap top but with a better speaker system I could really here it.

Old 08-19-2011, 01:47 PM
Originally Posted by 97madness
I love my GoPro.

Thats with the open back. I've done it with the close done, and still get slight wind noise, or it my be just rattling in the case. im still working on figuring it out.
i'm workin on gettin a second one for the heck of it lol
I'm behind the curve just getting one of theses haha. I agree a second camera would be great. I honestly wish I could run like 5 of them at one time!

Old 08-19-2011, 01:50 PM
P.S I posted another video in the exhaust section if you guys want to check it out

Old 08-20-2011, 12:40 PM
I have used the suction cup and adhesives. Both hold great but the adhesives are designed to be a permanent mount which works great for me on my bike. You will also pick up more vibration with the suction cup and longer arm which was a problem for me as I get a lot of abrupt suspension travel.

If you are interested in these, I paid less than the ebay price for the motorsport version from a motorcycle vendor that I get all the race parts for my bikes. Great company with a brick and mortar store and ships to the lower 48. PM me and I'll hook you up directly with the owner.

Though I don't think this would work outside of a closed course, you can also combine GPS plotters and GoPro video using software to overlay them. This is something I was playing with in this clip and works very well. I use a Yoyodyne Stealth 3 GPS laptimer that exports plotting data that can be combined with video that will map the track and synch the two together with special software. The video quality and sound are very bad in this clip because it was a trial that allowed for output at very low quality.

Oh, and sorry guys, I'm not trying to hijack the thread in any way. I just have a ton of experience with the setup and motorcycles are all I do with it so that is all I have to share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-O0rUR-4Vo

Old 08-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 134 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by 97madness
I love my GoPro.

Thats with the open back. I've done it with the close done, and still get slight wind noise, or it my be just rattling in the case. im still working on figuring it out. i'm workin on gettin a second one for the heck of it lol

Your truck isnt low enough if you still hit the antenna on the garage

Quick Reply: GoPro video test