2004 - 2008 F-150

cam phaser noise

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 07:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cam phaser noise

Happy New Year all you happy truckers....I just bought an `05 FX4 with 50 K on her or so...I picked it up from a dealership here in NY...and I drove it 500 miles locally. Besides the tick tick noise under the hood the transmission went and It sits up at the dealers to get a new one. So, the cam phasers a different problem, it has a tick tick noise now, like a diesel, how long can I expect for this problem to get worse? What are some other symptoms I can expect down the road? I am going to mention it to the dealership, Am I damaging the engine if I opt to fix it later on? How can a reputable dealership sell a truck with this kind of noise? Thank you
Hankster

Old 12-31-2010, 10:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
The fuel injectors tick and are noticeable at idle parked. The cam phasers knock at normal operating temperature at idle. Noisy cam phasers normal. Just be sure to use Ford recommended oil and filter, no fram and no other viscosity oil.

Since you bought an 05 with a 5.4 be aware the fuel injectors may let go at any time. Look at the 07M08 link in my sig and you'll understand. Trust me, I've had to use the program. :o

Old 01-01-2011, 02:24 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Stealth
The fuel injectors tick and are noticeable at idle parked. The cam phasers knock at normal operating temperature at idle. Noisy cam phasers normal. Just be sure to use Ford recommended oil and filter, no fram and no other viscosity oil.

Since you bought an 05 with a 5.4 be aware the fuel injectors may let go at any time. Look at the 07M08 link in my sig and you'll understand. Trust me, I've had to use the program. :o
Thank you for this much valued information: Have a Happy New Year!!
Hankster

Quick Reply: cam phaser noise