2004 - 2008 F-150

List of all bolt sizes

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2010, 03:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post List of all bolt sizes

I've tried tracking down the Haynes' or Chilton's manuals for my truck here in Vegas and can't find anything for my model year (or even my truck's generation). I'm in the process of putting together an emergency kit for my truck (some food, water, a blanket, flares, straps, jumper cables, etc.) and I want to have a basic toolset in there.

What I'm looking for is a list of all the bolt sizes in my truck. Can't find them here or on Google (maybe I'm searching with the wrong words?) so I'm hoping somebody here can shed some light on this.

What are all the socket sizes on the truck? What specialty sockets/bits will I need (Torx, etc.). What size hex keys are used?

Most of these will end up in my emergency bag, the more eccentric ones (like Torx bits, and the large size sockets I used when I swapped in my Eibach rear leafs) will go in my toolbox at home. That gives me a comprehensive set.

Old 12-27-2010, 07:47 AM
I doubt you'll find such a list. I found the Haynes manual to be nearly worthless. What I have done is check all the items you think you might have issues with. You will end up with a mix of metric and English, like on most vehicles. For most issues a generic set of 3/8" metric and English sockets (bought as a set[s]) with extensions and a universal joint, flat and cross tip screw drivers, a pair of pliars and an adjustable wrench or two (lg & small). I end up carrying more stuff just because I'm too lazy to put stuff back in the garage.

Old 12-27-2010, 09:43 AM
I haven't tried this yet, but consider getting a subscription -- either $20 for 1 month of service, or $110 for 1 year of access:

Everything you need to know about Ford, Lincoln and Mercury vehicles - inside and out.

It’s all here: TSBs, workshop manuals, wiring diagrams, diagnostics and more. Browse the site and purchase a subscription; with regular and reliable updates direct from Ford Motor Company, this site is the only technical information resource you need.

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...d=&kevin=rules

Old 12-27-2010, 12:46 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Make sure you have a cell phone in your tool kit. There aren't many problems you can fix on the road when they happen. Most time you need parts, in addition to tools. I have a minimal tool kit I keep with screwdrivers, pliers and a few sockets, box wrenches, duct tape and electrical items (spade connectors, wire stripper/crimper). Almost everything on the later model trucks are metric. Surely every bolt on your truck will take every available socket from 6mm to 32mm, possibly larger.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:17 PM
GPS hand held is also a good thing to have in the truck. Some of them even come with an SOS button you can hit.

For Brake Sockets in Sizes

10mm (rear), 13mm (front), and 18mm (front) sockets

1/2" drive (for 18mm socket) and Breaker bar

But Look through all of these thread in the DIY section and get a list of tools of what people have used

https://www.f150online.com/forums/articles-how-tos-119/

Last edited by mhockey9090; 12-27-2010 at 02:25 PM.

Quick Reply: List of all bolt sizes