2004 - 2008 F-150

alignment question

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2010, 02:22 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
alignment question

Hey Guys , I have a 05 F150 Screw King Ranch and i took the truck for an alignment and was told my front right camber was out (or in) by -1 degree . The guy told me he couldn't adjust it anymore , is -1 degree camber a big deal and what does that equal is inches?

Last edited by intakeu; 12-03-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 07:41 PM
Well your talkin about 1/16 or so, was a camber kit installed? Also did you get a print out of the specs and read out of the truck

If a camber kit was installed and it's still out might want to look hard for wore out parts or bend or damaged Parts and is the truck lifted?

Old 12-08-2010, 05:07 PM
Sorry for the late response, no camber kit installed, but did a 2.5" A/S level kit. The truck was involved in an accident but the frame or twisted and is not bent in any way , the engine mounts are where they should be. Everything else lined up on alignment, except the front right, its out half a degree. and the body is square on the frame. On the alignment print out they say spec is range is .50 to -.95 and i'm at -1.48 camber on passenger side , Could it be the 2.5" A/S ? The strut assembly only goes in one way even if i have it turned around it wouldn't fit back in , I changed upper and lower control arms and still out !! Driving me nuts!

Old 12-08-2010, 05:21 PM
i had the same problem. i did a 1.5 as level on my 07. my front driver side is 0 degrees camber, and my passenger side is .4 degrees.

do me a favor and go look through your engine bay , where the 3 bolts from the leveling kit mount inside the bay, they mount in slots, see where they are. the only thing i can think of is that they affect camber. they are slots, not holes, and have about 3/4's of an inch of adjustability.

my front passenger side is 3/4s of the way towards full clock wise (when standing on the passenger side front tire)

however my front driver side is bottomed out full counter clock wise (when standing on the front driver tire looking towards the engine)

i have yet to try to match mine up. let me know how yours are oriented.

Old 12-08-2010, 08:02 PM
Spend 50 bucks and get a camber kit and you will be able to move it around as much as needed

A leveling kit can tthrow off camber and saying it had been wreaked just says something could have been off a hair but still in specs but the leveling kit throws it off

It's been awhile since I did one in a ford and I think the new bolts and cams go in the lower control arm

Quick Reply: alignment question