2004 - 2008 F-150

trailer brakes - 07 XLT Scab, towing package

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 08:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
trailer brakes - 07 XLT Scab, towing package

i have a 07 scab xlt with the towing package. i know i have the hook up for hauling a trailer with brakes but do i need a controller in the cab? going to be hauling a 4000lb travel trailer.

Old 11-14-2010, 08:50 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yep, the harness is there already for a TBC. You should also have a pigtail harness so you can splice into that instead of cutting into your harness, just plug it in. There is also a relay that is for power to the trailer, both the relay and the pigtail harness should be in a little plastic bag that came with the truck (if equipped with the factory towing package)

NOTE; Some of the better trailer brake controllers come prewired with the pigtail harness already spliced into it so all you have to do is plug it in (and install the relay)

Old 11-14-2010, 09:11 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05RedFX4
Yep, the harness is there already for a TBC. You should also have a pigtail harness so you can splice into that instead of cutting into your harness, just plug it in. There is also a relay that is for power to the trailer, both the relay and the pigtail harness should be in a little plastic bag that came with the truck (if equipped with the factory towing package)

NOTE; Some of the better trailer brake controllers come prewired with the pigtail harness already spliced into it so all you have to do is plug it in (and install the relay)
----very cool! yep i do have that harness in the bag (since 07 when i got my truck) i have a great caper store near me. going to take a ride there in the spring. thanks again!

Quick Reply: trailer brakes - 07 XLT Scab, towing package